DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

33 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been any video evidence of what the dude at ringside was doing. You'd think something would have been put out by now.

Somewhere in his thread, dude alleged/implied that Mandy spit on and facepalmed him.  No video of the ringside incident lends credence to that claim because it adds to how poorly RoH handled it.  That makes it not uprising that if Mandy went over the line in reaction and turned it physical, it's her ass in a sling if the video backs that up.  Hail Sabin up there said that the show itself has audio and video issues on the Honor Club VOD, so that's even sketchier, although I don't have Honor Club so I can't verify.

EDIT: So I managed to watch the video of the "incident" that aired on the PPV, and anything physical that went down was covered by Riccaboni in the announcers spot (there's was an audible "Ooooh!" from the crowd as Leon passed by the guy, and you can see Velvet's reaction before she left, but I couldn't hear anything.  So, yeah.  Apparently no video of what this guy did exists.

Edited by Raziel

16 hours ago, Dewar said:

That's why I referenced the beard. Who else has a two foot long beard that looks like his? Should be a dead giveaway for someone who is spending money on an ROH show.

To finish this side, more information is coming out and it was a mistake by the person who made the Tweets. Velvet Sky clarified it was Brian Johnson who pulled him backstage, not Delirious. (It's still a very bad thing, since Brian Johnson is a roster member, but still.) 

Also, hearing whispers of a second Twitter thread where a fan claims a male ROH talent harassed her at a show as well.

3 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

To finish this side, more information is coming out and it was a mistake by the person who made the Tweets. Velvet Sky clarified it was Brian Johnson who pulled him backstage, not Delirious. (It's still a very bad thing, since Brian Johnson is a roster member, but still.) 

Also, hearing whispers of a second Twitter thread where a fan claims a male ROH talent harassed her at a show as well.

Lethal?

I mean, did that Lethal/Hendrix thing ever get cleared up?

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think where Buh Buh, and ROH are ultimately at fault is not just kicking the guy out on the spot, and instead Buh Buh took it personal by having the one on one with this asshole. Hope he had a legit witness, or somebody recording this backstage, because this could be a he said, he said situation. Also what’s the legal ramifications for holding somebody without a justifiable reason?

There's security for a reason. Buh Buh taking it into his own hands is beyond stupid. I've seen people kicked out of ROH shows before, most notably GLF who tried to sneak back in, and it was always done by security. I've never seen a wrestler kick a fan out of a show.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

Considering I saw three different people I follow had retweeted it this morning when I logged on it isn't that hush hush

Click for the whole thread

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's security for a reason. Buh Buh taking it into his own hands is beyond stupid. I've seen people kicked out of ROH shows before, most notably GLF who tried to sneak back in, and it was always done by security. I've never seen a wrestler kick a fan out of a show.

To Bubba's credit, he's not just a wrestler but part of creative/running the show.

That also asks the abstract question

In 2019, what is "too far" for a heel to get heat with a crowd?

Racism and homophobia are right out. And things now only referred to as "letter words."

But Xenophobia? Sexism? 

Is "sit down, fat boy" body shaming? 

Are the "classic" Flair/Rude double entendres towards ladies a no go? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

There's a large subsection of the fanbase who truly believe that the customer is always right, the fans are 100% infallible, and because of that, anything that even the worst fan humanly possible does is completely justified, if not downright heroic. 

There were these two drunk canadian assholes next to me that kept yelling all kinds of vulgar shit (sayingbDalton Castle sucks dick, yelling about the size of Mandy Leon's breasts, yelling that the 2 guys in the Kingdom were "f@&$" for each other, etc). Sitting right next to them on the other side? A girl who appeared to be no more than 12. I'd have been OK with them getting slapped around a bit. Thankfully they left early because "Oh, we've got a long drive back to Vancouver, eh". So yeah, they drove back to Canada despite having each consumed at least 4 beers each. 

Side note: that 12 year old lost her mind when Flip Gordon came out. It was awesome. 

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

There were these two drunk canadian assholes next to me that kept yelling all kinds of vulgar shit (sayingbDalton Castle sucks dick, yelling about the size of Mandy Leon's breasts, yelling that the 2 guys in the Kingdom were "f@&$" for each other, etc). Sitting right next to them on the other side? A girl who appeared to be no more than 12. I'd have been OK with them getting slapped around a bit. Thankfully they left early because "Oh, we've got a long drive back to Vancouver, eh". So yeah, they drove back to Canada despite having each consumed at least 4 beers each. 

Side note: that 12 year old lost her mind when Flip Gordon came out. It was awesome. 

I want to make a stupid joke that it was me all along but then somebody would take it seriously. 

I do enjoy any time the hackneyed polite Canadian stereotype can be undercut though. We are straight up dillholes too. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I want to make a stupid joke that it was me all along but then somebody would take it seriously. 

I do enjoy any time the hackneyed polite Canadian stereotype can be undercut though. We are straight up dillholes too. 

Canadians can be insufferable when the Blue Jays are good.

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

So like twice this century? Lol

The Jose Bautista/Edwin Encarnacion/Josh Donaldson/Russell Martin/Kevin Pillar team was really easy to hate, as easy as hating Bully Ray.

• Haha 1