DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

9 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

At the Death Before Dishonor PPV a mystery attacker jump Tenille backstage and we saw her laying on the ground. Commentary wondered who attacked her and when she did commentary she was still trying to solve the mystery of who it was briefly then go back to calling the match. 

100% forgot that had happened. Thank you.

Bully Ray's big plan to turn TNA around was putting Dixie Carter through a table.  He should really come up with a new playbook.

Lifeblood doesn't even seem like a real group.  Flip Gordon seems like more of a member than Tenille Dashwood ever did.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BEN! said:

Bully Ray's big plan to turn TNA around was putting Dixie Carter through a table.  He should really come up with a new playbook.

Lifeblood doesn't even seem like a real group.  Flip Gordon seems like more of a member than Tenille Dashwood ever did.

David Finlay getting hurt, Tenille leaving, and Juice not being around all the time have definitely hurt Lifeblood. I don't mind them having alliances with Flip, Jay Lethal, or Jonathan Gresham. It's similar to current New Japan where CHAOS members now team with roster members not aligned with a faction, like Juice, Liger, Taguchi, Makabe, etc.

Bully Ray shouldn't have a playbook or be anywhere near any creative or booking. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Did anyone ever claim that Bully putting Tenille thru the table is supposed to turn anything around? It was just a way to write her out. I prefer that to her simply disappearing randomly.

Flip teamed up with Juice and Haskins at MSG. In Crockett Cup he is teaming up with Bandido. And Lifeblood are feuding with Bully and his friends. And Bully has history with Flip. I would be surprised if he doesn't become Lifeblood member in near future. Might even do it during War of the Worlds (maybe after Buffalo match against Bandido) so that for BotSJ Lifeblood would have two participants.

Maybe I'm wrong and none of this is going to happen, but to me it looks like Flip Gordon seems more like a member because he is going to become member pretty soon so you know, thats how, in my opinion, decent booking is supposed to work.

• Like 2

That's what I was saying. Scurll was hanging around them for ages before he was a member, then eventually joined when the kicked Adam Cole. Whereas Flip hung around with them for ages, but never got an invite (he was invited to join the Elite in the last BTE of 2018, and said that he'd actually been wanting to join Bullet Club. He even asked Matt to put a word in for him, with the Bullet Club leader Switchblade Jay White).

Was Flip actually booked on the shows together with The Elite? I don't remember, but it might have happened since back then I had hard time watching RoH TV. Anyway, might be that what The Elite wanted and what RoH/NJPW wanted differed when it came to Flip.

Flip had lots of ROH interaction with the Elite.   ROH commentary put over the Bucks initiating Flip, Cody commentated on at least one of his matches and raised his hand at the end, had a 6 man title match with the Hung Bucks, 

I mean this is from March 2018 tv tapings so saying that Flip wasn’t booked with the Elite is just out and out wrong 

-- Flip Gordon defeated Scorpio Sky

-- The Young Bucks saved Gordon from an attack by SoCal Uncensored, and Gordon and the Bucks embraced after the match

-- Bully Ray booked The Young Bucks and Gordon versus ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions SoCal Uncensored in a Ladder Match at Supercard of Honor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rhett Titus' new gimmick of being super lean was creepy when he would pop up on commentary once in a while, but doing the whole show and catching those shots of announce desk in the corner here and there were too much tonight.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Peck said:

ROH cameras catching me disgusted at the antics of Silas Young on last week’s TV. 

BB6-B490-D-297-E-4156-BB04-C3-B782-F9433

I felt sorry for the poor ring bell guy after Silas took his hammer and put it down the back of his tights in the middle of his match.  I wouldn’t want to touch that thing after that!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

"Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus was awesome.

I can’t remember did he get on the Telia Tequila dating show or not? I remember he auditioned 

35 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I can’t remember did he get on the Telia Tequila dating show or not? I remember he auditioned 

That, I wouldn't know.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

5 hours ago, caley said:

I felt sorry for the poor ring bell guy after Silas took his hammer and put it down the back of his tights in the middle of his match.  I wouldn’t want to touch that thing after that!

Funny you mention that... I was sitting right next to the table. That was the only time that hammer was used during the evening. They had a bigger hammer that was used to actually ring the bell(which was done by Amy Rose)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Peck said:

Funny you mention that... I was sitting right next to the table. That was the only time that hammer was used during the evening. They had a bigger hammer that was used to actually ring the bell(which was done by Amy Rose)

I assume Silas’ hammer was later incinerated 

Edited by caley
  • Like 1