DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

Jesus Christ. Gilleland is a fucking idiot. Just ignore all of the other shit and let's just focus on these back and forth messages. Anyone else this fucking stupid would be fired. He seriously has shit for brains. You're a small promotion trying to draw and make money. Even if Marty leaves, THAT'S HAPPENING IN DECEMBER!!! This happened MONTHS ago. These dumb fucks could have pulled the trigger on Marty or PCO or anyone from Villain Enterprises and drawn off of a hot act and then use that hot act to elevate someone else. This is wrestling booking 101. It ain't difficult. And hell, MAYBE Marty winds up staying!

So instead of doing that, they have boring as fucking Matt Taven as champ because they're afraid Marty is going to leave, which just creates a self-fulfilling prophecy, and they pulled the trigger on that lame ass Enzo and Cass stuff.

For this alone damn near everyone in management and in booking at ROH should be sacked, but they won't because Sinclair doesn't give a fuck.

I swear, if Marty re-signs with ROH, he's a bigger idiot than Mike Bennett or Sin Cara or anyone else who re-signed with WWE and then asked for their release months later.

To quote Succession, this is the shit show at the fuck factory.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Like 3

I do wonder how that "talent summit" went last night after Mercury posted the receipts.  Even if you fire Greg the Office Boy at this point, Koff and everyone else is still there.  

This is why people were bitching that it was a mistake putting all your eggs into the Elite/NJPW basket, because the didn't do shit during that time and now have no fucking clue what to do.

On 11/24/2019 at 2:09 PM, Archibald said:

Unfortunately we saw some of their talent (Cobb, Young, TKO, maybe someone else as well) being defensive about all this stuff on twitter so it is very likely that they just said yes sir during that summit and nothing is going to change.

I don't think it's surprising those three were being defensive about it. Jeff Cobb supposedly wants to keep working New Japan. He'd be smarter signing directly with New Japan since the relationship with ROH is pretty much dead. As for Slias Young and TK O'Ryan, who else is really going to want them? Actually, I think Young's "Wrestling's Last Real Man" gimmick would be a good fit for Corgan's NWA.

• Like 2

I think that this year he has been on Dontaku, G1 and WTL tours. Probably doesn't make that much sense to offer a contract to guy that does limited amount of dates, isn't a big draw or doesn't produce great singles matches. Maybe due to more USA shows being planned next year he could have a bigger role in the company. 

If anything, G-1 showed he's not quite ready for prime time. That being said, NJPW does desperately need tag teams. Put him together with Henare.

Edited by Ace
  • Like 1

And I thought he was too. Watching him in the G1 was eye opening for me for where he's at. It could be he just had a bad run. Actually, bad isn't the right word, he just wasn't better than nearly anyone else.

39 minutes ago, Ace said:

If anything, G-1 showed he's not quite ready for prime time. That being said, NJPW does desperately need tag teams. Put him together with Henare.

I'd be into a Cobb/Henare team. I feel like Henare is right on the verge of breaking out and moving up the card.

58 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Actually, bad isn't the right word, he just wasn't better than nearly anyone else.

Thats a very good take. Next G1 is coming up and it would be probably difficult to rationalize why his spot shouldn't go to someone like Henare or whoever else they might get by that point.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Archibald said:

Thats a very good take. Next G1 is coming up and it would be probably difficult to rationalize why his spot shouldn't go to someone like Henare or whoever else they might get by that point.

Or, you know, literally anyone with good cardio.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2019 at 7:21 AM, DEAN said:

Hey!  Danny Maff!  They go back to having a six man main event and get back on the good side.  Maff vs Cobb could be good.

Enjoyed the randomness of it.  Cheeseburger, Cabana and Cobb?  Did they just pick them because they're all 'C' names?  I don't know, but it worked! 

• Like 1

Trying to think if ever in wrestling social media that a company that technically you still work for blocks you

Yeah while Rush is an improvement over Taven as champ, in terms of business it seems to be a push.  Although at this point I don't think PCO is the answer 

Edited by hammerva