DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

Klein posted the email from Joe Koff and its a doozy

Basically its says she breached her contract (by sharing confidential information) and even though they should fire her on the spot they are really swell guys and will not renew her contract in 6 months

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Also

Someone actually thought giving that statement was a good idea. Didn't think anything this week could top the stupidity of the NWA not editing that Corny comment out but this is pretty damned close.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Basically its says she breached her contract (by sharing confidential information) and even though they should fire her on the spot they are really swell guys and will not renew her contract in 6 months

Imagine the idea that ROH today is owned and operated by people even far sleazier and dishonorable than the guy who founded it. Seriously, THAT'S how fucked up these people are.

• Like 2

ROH are really determined to be the sleaziest, carniest promotion in wrestling. 

When you think of what they were, what they could be and what they are now it makes you weep for the talent under contract dealing with management like this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

Imagine the idea that ROH today is owned and operated by people even far sleazier and dishonorable than the guy who founded it. Seriously, THAT'S how fucked up these people are.

Just wait until they bring Cornette back.

• Haha 2

Straight up fuck Ring Of Honor.

I hope the talent at the meeting stick together Friday, and stick up for Klein. That's no way to do business. If you don't want to do business with her anymore, let her contract expire. Do it WITHOUT sending her a passive aggressive email stating that you're actually the nice guy for not suing her for breach of contract. All but asking her to thank you for it in the process. Fuck off. Everything Joey Mercury is fighting for is being proven true. Greg is not inside the wrestling business, and has no business making decisions based on lack of understanding of what he's in charge of.

ROH has a lot of hard working good people working there. But unfortunately for them this dumpster fire is just spiraling out of control. It's been a steady decline since The Elite left and at this point the writing is on the wall. They ran an event in Pittsburgh the same night as the local Pittsburgh promotion IWC this month. ROH drew about 100. IWC had over 500. New Japan is certainly going to ditch them as soon this agreement expires. ROH is not long for this world.

I need to find a flux capacitor, I could make a lot of money placing a bet back in 2014 or 2015 on Impact out-living ROH. Or betting on NWA becoming more popular than ROH. What a strange time in wrestling 2019 is lol.

• Like 3

Well technically they could have fired her now and probably even sued. I mean, what else did she want by revealing her contract info? Either to get more money or get released so that she can go elsewhere. Mission accomplished.

Concussion thing is bad obviously, but as a person who actually watches RoH shows I find whole WoH thing terrible (and Klein arguably their worst female talent, which is saying a fucking lot) and it is difficult to care that they get less than someone working full time at a store. Some girl in grocery store works more and is actually better at her job than Klein is and she should be earning more money than Klein.

Edited by Archibald

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

You think the lead female wrestler working for an allegedly major wrestling promotion owned by a multimillion dollar media company should be making less than someone who works in a grocery store? Do I have that right?

$3.2 BILLION market cap currently.

If they are going to have a women's division, they need to fucking pay the workers.

Of course, stores should pay better as well, but that's neither here nor there.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't think what you're getting paid is confidential information, even if employers really hate that.  The fact employers really hate that is why it should never be confidential.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

Will be stunned that we don't see another Instagram "We are a family" photo as well.  

By the way for people wondering if he can get any sleazier, think about who the next women of Honor champion could be.    it would be funny if they put they put the title on Maria Manic given how bad they handled the first time.   I expect it will be one of Allure though.

7 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

You think the lead female wrestler working for an allegedly major wrestling promotion owned by a multimillion dollar media company should be making less than someone who works in a grocery store? Do I have that right?

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

$3.2 BILLION market cap currently.

If they are going to have a women's division, they need to fucking pay the workers.

Of course, stores should pay better as well, but that's neither here nor there.

1. I don't think that just because RoH is owned by big company then it automatically means that their wrestlers should be paid more than in other places. Ideally RoH should pull its own weight and its parent company should not be a factor at all. Lets be honest here, if WoH didn't exist then most of their female wrestlers would be getting paid in "exposure" on places like MLW and Evolve.

2. I don't think that being a wrestler makes you inherently more valuable than someone working a regular job in grocery store. Especially if your work only around 20 shows a year.

3. Kelly Klein is a bad wrestler and RoH is stupid for pushing her as WoH champ, almost everyone agreed on that couple of months ago.

4. And no, I don't get why RoH is paying big money to Taven, PCO or Rush either, but with them at least you can argue that WWE or AEW might snag them so RoH is overpaying them to stay. Now look at WoH talent, my guess is that nobody is rushing to sign KK (thuo she might get signed now due to good publicity) or Allure.

I'm not sure "Defending National Wrestling Company RoH not paying it's Women's Division anywhere close to market value because I don't think they're very good" while they pay their Men's Division orders of magnitude more (and Market Value, even though most people think a lot of them aren't very good) is a good hill to die on.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

What a state ROH's in, front of the camera and behind the scenes. Such a fall from ROH's peak with Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, ROH vs. CZW and the Summer of Punk booked by Gabe Saplosky.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Its sad being a guy that was around RoH from Day 1 until Gabe's turfing seeing this promotion fall down, that the company I watched with 200 people in a Rec Center is running MS fucking G was not because if itself, but another promotion propping it up.  The rot is so deep on this company that nothing short of what happened to Impact is going to fix it.  Even if you gut management (which by now, is obvious needs to happen), it's still owned by Sinclair, that obviously doesn't give a shit that any of this shit goes on and just wants the cheap programming to fill time and sell ad space.  

It's bad because the more larger companies exist the better it is for the talent, and I feel horrible for the guys that are either stuck there because of contracts or that the other major companies are pretty much filled up at this point leave them no where else to go and they get dragged down in this horseshit.

Even if someone had the money to buy it off Sinclair and try to fix it, who the hell do you even get to run it?  Anyone with the experience is either out of the business with good reason or works for someone else already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2