DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

On 11/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, DEAN said:

This week's main event was good.  I didn't understand Brody King hitting PCO for Scurl, but I dug the dynamicism of PCO.  And yeah,that ref bump during the women's match was one of the worst things I've seen on TV wrestling.  Yeesh.

In the top 10 worst ref bumps of all time.  You could hear the crowd booing and then he had to stay down for so long to bring Manik in that it just got progressively funnier.  

Liked the main event quite a bit.  Liked Poffo’s random catchphrase commentary where it was fairly clear he knew little to nothing about the wrestlers so he just said...stuff.  

• Like 1

https://411mania.com/wrestling/notes-on-roh-stars-with-contracts-expiring-soon-including-jeff-cobb-bandido-and-more/

Notes on ROH Stars With Contracts Expiring Soon Including Jeff Cobb, Bandido and More

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter has more notes on upcoming contracts in ROH that will be expiring soon. 

Marty Scurll’s deal will expire on November 30, and there are many who believe he will be headed to AEW. ROH is trying to make an offer to keep him around. There’s also interest from WWE for Scurll to appear on NXT.

Jeff Cobb and Bandido both have contracts coming up, and the biggest deal with them is that they want to work as much with NJPW as possible. It’s believed that a lot of companies have interest in Bandido, although it’s possible he ends up not signing with anyone and becomes a top independent draw, similar to Pentagon and Fenix.

Brody King’s contract is also set to expire in the next few months.

• Like 1

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/11/new-matches-announced-for-roh-final-battle-ppv-662214/

Ring of Honor announced Matt Taven will face Vincent (fka Vinny Marseglia), and ROH World TV Champion Shane Taylor vs. Dragon Lee at Final Battle on December 13 in Baltimore. Below is the updated card:

* RUSH (c) vs. PCO (ROH World Championship)
* Shane Taylor (c) vs. Dragon Lee (ROH World TV Championship)
* The Briscoes (c) vs. Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham (ROH World Tag Team Championship)
* Mark Haskins vs. Bully Ray (Street Fight)
* Matt Taven vs. Vincent

On 11/15/2019 at 9:33 PM, Wee Bey said:

Ring of Honor announced Matt Taven will face Vincent (fka Vinny Marseglia), and ROH World TV Champion Shane Taylor vs. Dragon Lee at Final Battle on December 13 in Baltimore. Below is the updated card:

* RUSH (c) vs. PCO (ROH World Championship)
* Shane Taylor (c) vs. Dragon Lee (ROH World TV Championship)
* The Briscoes (c) vs. Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham (ROH World Tag Team Championship)
* Mark Haskins vs. Bully Ray (Street Fight)
* Matt Taven vs. Vincent

For a company with the stink of one that's about to go under, that's a pretty stacked card. 

MCW is going to have to step it up for the booking in that show they will have on the 14th.

Per the Luchablog story that you were all too lazy to click ?

This contract is a significant career achievement for Flamita. A wrestler who was once considered too small for CMLL now has a deal with a US promotion. It isn’t technically Flamita’s first deal with a US group – a short stint with Lucha Underground ended unhappily, and this one can only end up better. It does mean some changes. Flamita has been a frequent guest wrestler in Dragon Gate since 2013. As best I know, that will come to an end for now and Ring of Honor will be top priority.

MLW and Impact both came up this past year as Flamita destinations in 2019. He did appear in both, but no deal was signed. Flamita wrestles in AAA but seems to be a freelancer there as well. ROH officially has an alliance with CMLL in Mexico but has not stood in the way of their wrestlers working AAA when CMLL hasn’t been interested in them. In practice, Bandido worked a lot less with AAA once ROH bookings took over, though he returns to the promotion later this month.

7 hours ago, Casey said:

I see that was in response to a Joey Mercury tweet but the one before was removed by Twitter.  What happened?

2 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

What is the excuse for not uploading the 2003-2008 shows on Honor Club?? Arguably the best shows they ever had and yet they don't make them readily available.  Is there a reason why? 

Considering how far superior those year were compared to now I don't think they're in a hurry at all to put that up.  But for all we know it could be due to music licensing/overdubbing for entrances.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I see that was in response to a Joey Mercury tweet but the one before was removed by Twitter.  What happened?

EDIT - You will have to click on tweet to see full image

• Thanks 1

Also

Ring of Honor issued the following statement to PWInsider.com:

"We don’t generally discuss personal issues but they seem to have made it public – we didn’t fire [Kelly Klein], we just notified her that we would not be renewing her contract."

There was no comment on the status of the Women of Honor Championship.