DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

Thankful that Flip Gordon didn't kick out of that Super Piledriver through the table on TV this week because had he done so, my television would probably have a remote-control-shaped hole in the middle of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2019 at 11:27 AM, Peck said:

Thankful that Flip Gordon didn't kick out of that Super Piledriver through the table on TV this week because had he done so, my television would probably have a remote-control-shaped hole in the middle of it.

For a match with two guys I don't give a shit about, it was pretty good.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, DEAN said:

This weeks main event was perfectly fine.  PJ Black is growing on me.  I assume they back to the fun 6 and 8 man matches next week.

PJ has been the goods since Lucha Underground.  Darewolf may be the dumbest nickname in wrasslin' history, but PJ knows his shit and is a hard worker.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 10:45 AM, mattdangerously said:

If we never get PCO vs Ishii, I'mma be pissed.

Regardless of how you feel about PCO's gimmick and work style, the PCO vs. Ishii kaiju battel is a license to print money but we've all seen how ROH hasn't made the smartest financial moves lately.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

What a painfully strategic photo.

We are all marks being worked.

Well if it is a work then someone needs to let ROH know because apparently Maria is working Nick Gage at the next Beyond Wrestling Uncharted Territory show.   Doubt they are working together.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well if it is a work then someone needs to let ROH know because apparently Maria is working Nick Gage at the next Beyond Wrestling Uncharted Territory show.   Doubt they are working together.

Well you are a better person than I am because my post was pretty much all about me going Cibernetico and staring at her cleavage.

I am a sad and pathetic man.  I should probably just go outside into the rain and find a puddle big enough to drown myself.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well you are a better person than I am because my post was pretty much all about me going Cibernetico and staring at her cleavage.

I am a sad and pathetic man.  I should probably just go outside into the rain and find a puddle big enough to drown myself.

I guess I should take a bath with the toaster because I'm guilty of being Nice Guy Cibereddico over her cleavage.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2019 at 6:21 AM, J.T. said:

Seriously JT. How dare you go right to that? I'll bet you didn't even notice that her eyes are.... uh.... blue? I think? (checks pic) Shit. 

• Haha 2

I wouldn't have watched the main event even if I had access to it- as I refuse to watch a wrestling match that isn't one on one or two on two, etc.  (My Sinclair affiliate had the pseudo-Fox news show taking up the first half hour of the hour I allotted to my DVR).  I did dig the 8 man match which involved two people i gave a shit about (Jeff Cobb and Kenny King) and six guys who I gave more of a shit about by the end of the match.  That was quality getting guys over quick.

"ROH officials cited operational conflict as the primary reason for the postponement."

Is that code for piss poor ticket sales? There's no conflict with AEW, as they don't hit Texas until December.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

I guess they think it will be bad for morale wrestling in an almost empty arena.  Worked for Funk-Lawler.  Not these guys

All empty arena matches would certainly make ROH stand out from everybody else.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

So Joey Mercury was let go... again... after a supposed incident... again

So...

Basically he is carpet bombing management (though he made sure to point out the crew was aces)