DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

Dragon Lee is not signed to an ROH contract. (Or was not when he arrived this weekend)

The PWG thing is overblown in terms of overall picture. His recent CMLL suspension was because he decided to do BOLA against orders. The funny thing about that is CMLL specifically didn't want him working with Fenix/Penta who are not even signed to AAA contracts & he had just worked with them in Mexico City on an indy show a couple days before BOLA. CMLL doesn't even know who they classify as AAA talent. They pick Fenix/Penta because of their association with Konnan. For example a couple days before Wrestlemania weekend there was a show in Nuevo Laredo where Laredo Kid *cleanly* beat both Titan & Cavernario in a 3 way match. Laredo Kid *is* a contracted AAA wrestler who was even a double champ at the time. CMLL still allowed it.

If CMLL clamps down even further and bans their talent from not only working with Fenix/Penta but also Rush/Dragon Lee - that's a problem for all their wrestlers since you would be hard pressed to find an notable indy show in Mexico that doesn't feature one of those four as headliners.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Pretty annoyed to find that my Honor Club membership didn't include Death Before Dishonor...but if I drop an astronomical amount on "HONOR CLUB VIP" I can get it, and subsequently go fuck myself, apparently.

Rippa didn't put this ROH thread under "Feds Just Trying To Make A Buck" for nothing.....   ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Pretty annoyed to find that my Honor Club membership didn't include Death Before Dishonor...but if I drop an astronomical amount on "HONOR CLUB VIP" I can get it, and subsequently go fuck myself, apparently.

I've been thinking about cancelling my membership.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've been thinking about cancelling my membership.

Stick around for the next four 2002 shows to be uploaded. That's my play-by-play stuff. Then you can cancel.

In other words, give Honor Club another two years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Is that relatively the same buyrate numbers that Ring of Honor was getting around 2006 when they were doing those taped showed where the results were spoiled almost a month or so beforehand?  

It was 2007 when ROH started doing the taped ppv's. I'm positive they drew better numbers then. You still had arguably the best roster in wrestling and Gabe booking. It wasn't peak Gabe, but he was still better than most at the time.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

The all CMLL main event was perfectly fine, but why didn't they make the Villian Enterprises 8 man the main event?  That match was a hoot.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/10/11/roh-champions-contract-set-to-expire-in-2019/

According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, ROH World Champion Rush’s current contract with the company is set to expire at the end of 2019.

The 31 year old Mexican star is known for his unorthodox style, and is currently enjoying his first reign with the ROH World Championship after capturing it just a few short weeks ago. The aforementioned report goes on to suggest that there is a good chance both WWE and AEW are going to be interested in signing him, which should come as a surprise to nobody.

Both promotions are looking to bolster their rosters as we look ahead to the future of this Wednesday Night War, with WWE, in particular, wanting to keep the flood of new NXT stars going – if that is where he’d end up.

WWE needs to be forced into a moratorium on picking up anyone from Mexico until they figure out how to do something -- anything -- with the luchadores they already have. 

EDIT: That goes for wrestlers from any country actually

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/10/tyler-bateman-reportedly-signs-to-ring-of-honor-660801/

Tyler Bateman Reportedly Signs To Ring Of Honor

Tyler Bateman has reportedly signed to Ring of Honor, according to PWInsider.

Bateman was part of the NJPW LA Dojo in 2018. He's a former AWS Heavyweight Champion, United Wrestling TV Champion, IZW Impact Division Champion, and SBW Heavyweight Champion. 

He already had his ROH debut last month at Death Before Dishonor Falloutwhere he defeated Jake Atlas. Later on the show, he attacked LifeBloodmember Tracy Williams. 

Last year Tyler Bateman had tryouts at both WWE and Impact Wrestling.

I think I saw her one time on TV doing a post-match beatdown and didn't notice anything to indicate an injury.  Heck, I think they even announced on there that she was planning to challenge for the title.  So if she was fine then I would just chalk that up to ROH being really fucking stupid.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

PCO is expecting to re-sign with ROH.

Looks like he wins the title at Final Battle. While it seems ROH is on shaky ground with New Japan, I'd like to see Brody and PCO in the heavyweight tag league.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Looks like he wins the title at Final Battle. While it seems ROH is on shaky ground with New Japan, I'd like to see Brody and PCO in the heavyweight tag league.

If we never get PCO vs Ishii, I'mma be pissed. Janela said on Twitter a while back that he was going to try to book it for Spring Break this year until PCO signed with ROH. It needs to happen. 

• Like 1