DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

I watched the last two weeks shows today  (for some reason Sinclair airs the second half of one of their political shows during the scheduled first half hour of ROH sometimes so I have to wait a week to get the second half).  I dug the 8 man elimination match, especially Kenny King and Jay Lethal being dicks to each other though they were on the. same team.  The tacked-on Taven/Rush stuff at the end was kinda comical.  Shane Taylor versus Jeff Cobb was the most I've been interested in Shane Taylor ever.  Two fat boys crushing each other with power moves would be a nice change of pace,

The Scurl/Bandido match was a perfectly fine indie main event with two hundred finishes too many.

I'm digging the Villain Enterprises vs LifeBlood feud- just because it gets guys like Mark Haskins in fun tag matches as opposed to indie dream matches and I can dig his offense against really good rudos.  Haskins and Bandido is waay more fun than they ever ought to be, and one can thank Scurll and King.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

I'm digging the Villain Enterprises vs LifeBlood feud- just because it gets guys like Mark Haskins in fun tag matches as opposed to indie dream matches and I can dig his offense against really good rudos.  Haskins and Bandido is waay more fun than they ever ought to be, and one can thank Scurll and King.

Yeah, I was thinking to myself that Marty Scurl is in this match and I should hate it but I don't.

The totally fucking carny photos of a convalescing PCO helped sell that match to me.

• Like 1

I have no idea about the politics involved in any of this but would the fact NJPW sent Shota on excursion to the UK instead of ROH (When you would think he'd be a guy they'd be thrilled to have because he is already a name to their audience due to the Moxley association) be a big sign their relationship is on the rocks?

Any argument you could make for sending him to ROH, you could make just as convincingly for sending him to England. We can get NJPW World over here too. New Japan just ran a show in London (last month?) and it seemed to do quite well, business and fan reaction wise.

I'd argue Narita going to the LA Dojo instead of ROH might be more of a sign that ROH/NJPW relationship is on the rocks.   NJPW controls the LA Dojo, but LA Dojo doesn't do shows.  I would not be surprised if Narita ends up working a lot of west coast indies and NWA instead.

The Great-O-Kharn discovered the Wonders of Cook-Out on the New Beginning Tour and spends his days now randomly ordering all the milkshakes and burger with a quesadilla while someone in the car constantly yells "undefeated!" at the drive-thru.

He comes back looking as big as Mr.Juicy and feuds with Okada over who has the better burgers.

Edited by alstein
  • Haha 1

So if they fire Rush and Dragon Lee then I guess it is safe to say that the ROH-CMLL relationship is dead?   Obviously Rush and Dragon Lee is signed to ROH contracts (actually should never say obviously with these idiots)

Edited by hammerva