DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

18 minutes ago, Archibald said:

This is second hands information, but supposedly WON wrote that Juice is moving to Japan and he is upset about those reports that he doesn't like working in RoH. Which begs the question, is Juice a stand up guy and didn't want such information to spread? Or did someone make that thing up? I think both options are plausible, unless I'm missing something here.

This is the exact blurb from the WON

Because Juice Robinson is moving to Japan, he not scheduled for any future shows. They are hopeful of bringing him fall in the fall but if he’s living in Japan, he’ll probably do every tour going forward in Japan. He told ROH officials he was very upset about reports that he didn’t like working there

It definitely comes across that he (Juice) thinks ROH leaked he was unhappy working there which he (obviously) says is untrue

I mean I could easily see Bully Ray making shit up about any number of people

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alstein said:

These sorts of disputes with local TV stations are common.  It's the local TV station and DirecTV arguing on how much the local TV station should be paid.

Ah, like those DirecTV ads saying they and Comcast or whoever were mad at each other and to call X number and complain or else you might lose them entirely. Those things always get resolved.

Once again Ring of Honor gets fucked by the Bullet Club and Elite by having to continue to push Flip Gordon as a title contender.  They spent almost a year with this goofy hazing gimmick with the Bucks that they can't just put him back in the mid cards where he probably belongs.

22 hours ago, hammerva said:

Once again Ring of Honor gets fucked by the Bullet Club and Elite by having to continue to push Flip Gordon as a title contender.  They spent almost a year with this goofy hazing gimmick with the Bucks that they can't just put him back in the mid cards where he probably belongs.

They’re still trying to make Aldis a thing with this mystery tag partner match w/ the Briscos.

By the way, there is a non-zero chance his partner will be England’s favorite NXT and TNA washout domestic abuser failson himself.

This is why you don’t book Brits.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Super Ape said:

They’re still trying to make Aldis a thing with this mystery tag partner match w/ the Briscos.

By the way, there is a non-zero chance his partner will be England’s favorite NXT and TNA washout domestic abuser failson himself.

This is why you don’t book Brits.

It's summer break now, so Aldis partner could be Tim Storm. Willie Mack would be a more than acceptable last minute replacement for the injured Cabana.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

AAA won’t let Mack wrestle for ROH that’s why he lost the National title in the first place.

Tim Storm as the replacement on a PPV wouldn’t be a let down. If you were gonna book a Storm, James Storm was just on their TV earlier this month.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

AAA won’t let Mack wrestle for ROH that’s why he lost the National title in the first place.

Tim Storm as the replacement on a PPV wouldn’t be a let down. If you were gonna book a Storm, James Storm was just on their TV earlier this month.

I also thought about James Storm. Then, Storm turns on Aldis to set up an NWA title match on an ROH show.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

On 6/24/2019 at 1:58 PM, RIPPA said:

I actually think that this will be a fun match and want to see it, so of course that's the night my boss asked me to cover for our latest batch of employee walkouts. Based on the posts that followed this, I'm guessing I like Flip a lot more than others here. I wouldn't run with him as a top guy but I do like him as an upper mid-card guy. IC Title level, maybe? I haven't watched ROH for a while so I don't know how the crowds are on him but at one point he was pretty over. 

1 hour ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I actually think that this will be a fun match and want to see it, so of course that's the night my boss asked me to cover for our latest batch of employee walkouts. Based on the posts that followed this, I'm guessing I like Flip a lot more than others here. I wouldn't run with him as a top guy but I do like him as an upper mid-card guy. IC Title level, maybe? I haven't watched ROH for a while so I don't know how the crowds are on him but at one point he was pretty over. 

I like Flip, but ROH advertising Rush vs. Flip as a dream match is going a little overboard. I honestly don't think there is currently any match combination ROH can put on that would be a dream match that doesn't involve New Japan.

• Like 1

This is a very disturbing sign: I am going to Toronto on 8/9 with a friend who is going to Yanks-Jays (we are headed to the Hammer the next night for the Ticats). I plan on going to the ROH show at MLG instead and checked on tickets. Cheapest is $50 CDN, which might explain the next fact: there are very few tickets that appear to have been sold. And keep in mind that's Summerslam weekend. ROH is in deep shit right now.

16 minutes ago, sabremike said:

This is a very disturbing sign: I am going to Toronto on 8/9 with a friend who is going to Yanks-Jays (we are headed to the Hammer the next night for the Ticats). I plan on going to the ROH show at MLG instead and checked on tickets. Cheapest is $50 CDN, which might explain the next fact: there are very few tickets that appear to have been sold. And keep in mind that's Summerslam weekend. ROH is in deep shit right now.

There is the very real possibility of Jeff Cobb, PCO, Brody King, Bandido, Mark Haskins, and RUSH leaving when their deals are up.

Remember, you can always fall farther when you think you're at rock bottom.

• Like 1

I really hope Maria Manic gets a chance in Ring of Honor as she debuted tonight.   Unfortunately seeing how the Women of Honor has devolved into the WWE divas era product I am not overly confident.   Hell why not put her with the men she can probably beat the shit out of half of them.

Jesus there are a ton of empty seats at this show.  In a mostly dead crowd too.  I mean when you can't get fans in Baltimore then you are in trouble

Why in the world is the Briscoes and Ring of Honor basically the heel against the NWA.   

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I really hope Maria Manic gets a chance in Ring of Honor as she debuted tonight.   Unfortunately seeing how the Women of Honor has devolved into the WWE divas era product I am not overly confident.   Hell why not put her with the men she can probably beat the shit out of half of them.

Jesus there are a ton of empty seats at this show.  In a mostly dead crowd too.  I mean when you can't get fans in Baltimore then you are in trouble

Why in the world is the Briscoes and Ring of Honor basically the heel against the NWA.   

because ROH's booking sucks and makes little sense

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie