DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

The announced matches for the TV taping I'm going to tomorrow in Kent:

Tracy Williams vs Matt Taven

Bouncers vs Kingdom

Mark Briscoe vs Cabana for NWA Nat. title

Jay Briscoe vs PCO (high hopes for this one!)

Lethal vs Kenny King (yawn)

Cobb vs Haskins

Rush vs Castle vs Flip vs PJ Black

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

The announced matches for the TV taping I'm going to tomorrow in Kent:

Tracy Williams vs Matt Taven

Bouncers vs Kingdom

Mark Briscoe vs Cabana for NWA Nat. title

Jay Briscoe vs PCO (high hopes for this one!)

Lethal vs Kenny King (yawn)

Cobb vs Haskins

Rush vs Castle vs Flip vs PJ Black

Lethal vs. King is match 2 in a best of 3 series and Rush vs. Castle vs. Flip vs. PJ Black is the only match that will air live on Honor Club 

I won't spoil anything but when you guys see Mark Haskins vs Jeff Cobb advertised make sure to watch it. It was one hell of a match

A couple other fun things of note: there were only 2 referees all night. Todd Sinclair and some really skinny kid. For some reason the crowd decided after his first match that they did not like the skinny kid and booed him unmercifully each time he came out, while popping huge for Sinclair every time HE came out. 

During a match between Coast To Coast and Bully Ray/Shane Taylor, Bully kept jaw jacking with some little kid that was at ringside in my section. A little later on, Allure came out and teased giving a tshirt to one fan from the audience. They narrowed it down to my section, and the entire section was chanting for the kid to get the shirt. Of course, they didn't give him anything. Later on during a shitty match between Josh Woods and some other guy, Angelina Love came sneaking out to where the kid was sitting and gave him a shirt which got a huge reaction. So if you hear a pop during that match it's not because Woods was over, it was Love giving the kid a shirt and blowing him a kiss. 

Edited by BrianS81177
Spelling errorz
  • Like 4

One thing I'm wondering is why ROH hasn't used Woods more?  I saw Woods vs Dan Severn once and really liked it even if the rest of the crowd didn't.   He seems really good, what am I missing?

Maybe I just have a huge bias towards that style of wrestling.

It is interesting to hear the good side of Allure and their relationships at the time because boy we got a doozy of a bad side as well.  it is kind of a long thread (not sure how to do those here)  and it is definitely one sided but doesn't not good if some of it was true

If he said something bad enough to sick Security on him, he should've been kicked out, not brought to the back to Bubba can be his typical prick self and intimidate someone who can't fight back.

Bubba should be the last guy bitching at anyone for comments toward women at shows, considering 90% of his promos in ECW involved him suggesting himself or his brothers take/have taken liberties with women.

• Like 4

Yeah I bet his comments weren’t as mild as he thinks they were, and if they were bad enough he should have just been kicked out. I bet bubba thought he was being nice as well, giving him a talking to and letting him stay. 

Just don’t get involved, too unprofessional/risky. If his behavior was bad enough that’s why you have security. Have the pros kick him out. 

• Like 1

I have to admit Bubbas “Don’t say anything you wouldn’t say to your own mother!” comment is pretty silly: “Don’t say anything you wouldn’t say to your own mother to these professional athletes/actors portraying evil characters in order to garner negative reactions! Next time they come out you say “I respect you women but cannot condone your actions!”  Maybe start a chant?”

Just now, RIPPA said:

Apparently (and again we are into third and fourth hand territory here) this is not the first time Bully has done this to someone.

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, caley said:

I have to admit Bubbas “Don’t say anything you wouldn’t say to your own mother!” comment is pretty silly: “Don’t say anything you wouldn’t say to your own mother to these professional athletes/actors portraying evil characters in order to garner negative reactions! Next time they come out you say “I respect you women but cannot condone your actions!”  Maybe start a chant?”

Seriously about 90% of his shtick in ECW was about fucking your mom or doing something to your mom or wishing your mom was dead.  if he practiced what he preached he would still be doing that weird Italian boss gimmick before being a Dudley

For the other side of this story:

According to other people who were at the show and saw the interaction in question, the fan was calling the Allure the C-word, as well as using hand gestures (and particularly graphic hand gestures- think THAT Shawn Michaels GIF) while attacking them.

Which, if it's the case- Bully Ray may not have been right to confront the guy, but does dramatically change the situation.

I was just thinking that ROH should televise their “internal investigation”.   They could have Delirious in a suit (with mask) delivering opening statements -complete gibberish, of course - with Bubba replying in Bubba-speak (“The boys in the back all agree, you can’t be a mark and work yourself into a shoot!”). Throw in appearances by Mandy Leon (because she always has to be involved), Silas Young instructing the jury on wrestling etiquette, Jay Briscoe on the importance of political correctness and have PCO jump out the window for no reason and you’ve got a full hour of programming for ROH TV. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

But... He told us he was being an average fan within the realms of acceptability. Are you suggesting he fibbed? 

Exactly- and keep in mind, the fan did say that he thought "average fan within the realms of acceptability", when he's trying to put his best foot forward, was still telling Velvet Sky "whatever, you're here because you're sleeping with Bully Ray." 

...I may distrust a lot of fans, but somehow if you're saying that is "realms of acceptability" and admitting you said that when you're putting your best foot forward, that isn't a good sign for what you may have REALLY said.

• Like 1

Regardless of what the guy said or how out of line he was speaking...

If Leon did spit at him and touch him without physical provocation, she should be suspended at best, terminated at worst.

If Bubba did bring the guy back to give him the business and not just have Security toss him, he should be fired outright.  Doing that opened the company up to a massive lawsuit, especially if he was threatening the guy.  

This ain't the 80's working for the Crockett's in Greensboro.  Security is there for a reason.

• Like 4

Bubba brought him backstage.  No video of the incident.  It's a he said/he said situation.  Bubba should've never put himself and the company in that position.  

16 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Bubba brought him backstage.  No video of the incident.  It's a he said/he said situation.  Bubba should've never put himself and the company in that position.  

Remembering that time in Dayton where he said stuff so vile to fans that it almost got ECW kicked off of PPV has me laughing my ass off reading this. Also look up the thing where he outright threatened to beat up the ECW Sign Guy for holding up a "Mongo Vile" sign. Also the irony of him being the guy who pushed for the angle with freaking Enzo.

• Like 3

On 6/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, caley said:

I was just thinking that ROH should televise their “internal investigation”.   They could have Delirious in a suit (with mask) delivering opening statements -complete gibberish, of course - with Bubba replying in STUTTERING Bubba-speak (“Th-Th-The b-b-boys in the b-b-b-back all agree, you c-c-c-can’t be a m-m-m-mark and w-w-work yourself into a sh-sh-sh-shoot!”). Throw in appearances by Mandy Leon (because she always has to be involved), Silas Young instructing the jury on wrestling etiquette, Jay Briscoe on the importance of political correctness and have PCO jump out the window for no reason and you’ve got a full hour of programming for ROH TV. 

fixed

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3