DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

16 hours ago, Loki said:

That's right around when I started following ROH regularly, but I think that was in part that after attending my first TV taping, they kept giving me free tickets to the next taping. It was like a never ending conga line of tickets. 

I'm not surprised that ROH kept giving you free tickets since you were their first champion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They've announced a few matches for their PNW debut on the show I'm going to:

Jay Lethal vs Kenny King

Bouncers vs Kingdom

Cabana vs Mark Briscoe for NWA National title

Tracy Williams vs Taven for ROH title

Villain Enterprises vs. Lethal/Cobb/Rush from the 400th episode is worth checking out.

Taven/Flip was pretty blah. Taven targets Flip's bad knee, fine. My issue is the Kingdom distraction to win a match he should have won cleanly. I like Flip, but nobody was buying him as a serious contender. Nothing about Taven feels special or champion-like, and the Kingdom make him seem even more minor league. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:54 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd be afraid of PCO diving from the balcony.

Oh you shut your mouth.  PCO still has a pretty big man moonsault.  Nothing wrong with his splash spots and dives.

Would I want to take that bump? HELL FUCKING NO~!  He's a huge fucking guy.  You may as well have someone drop a fucking Vespa on your neck.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Oh you shut your mouth.  PCO still has a pretty big man moonsault.  Nothing wrong with his splash spots and dives.

Would I want to take that bump? HELL FUCKING NO~!  He's a huge fucking guy.  You may as well have someone drop a fucking Vespa on your neck.

No argument there about PCO's dives; they look fine. I'd just be afraid for his safety that he'd be crazy enough to dive from a balcony.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Got me some first row seats for Summer Supercard! Looking forward to seeing who will be working the show. Given its G1 finals weekend it will probably junior/vet heavy, which is not a bad thing. Would love one last Liger appearance in Toronto too.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:57 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Villain Enterprises vs. Lethal/Cobb/Rush from the 400th episode is worth checking out.

Taven/Flip was pretty blah. Taven targets Flip's bad knee, fine. My issue is the Kingdom distraction to win a match he should have won cleanly. I like Flip, but nobody was buying him as a serious contender. Nothing about Taven feels special or champion-like, and the Kingdom make him seem even more minor league. 

That 6 man makes you want to see Rush vs. PCO and PCO vs. Jeff Cobb in the near future. 

• Like 2

I could watch a full hour of Silas Young teaching “ugly gangly kid(s)” wrestling moves.   That segment was so good.  Honestly, and I get why they don’t as they don’t have a ton of over heels, but they should really turn Silas face, ally him back with the Bouncers and have Silas chase Taven for the title.  Imagine the pop for Silas telling Taven that he hasn’t been a manly champion only to get jumped by the Kingdom, beat down and saved by the Bouncers then share a reconciliatory beer in the ring.  

I could not have been less interested in that main event however.  The Lethal character is so bland and stale at this point and King’s is interesting but stunted because they turned him a couple times.  I did like his promise of debuting a new move being him hitting a low blow and a real bad Lethal Injection though I’m not sure the latter part was intentional.  

Cobb being Tavens next challenger feels a lot like he’s on his way out and they want to get in a WC match before he goes as there has been no real buildup.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

I liked that promo and Taylor looks good in a suit from the head up. Maybe wrestling in business professional wear would work for Taylor. His current gear that accentuates his giant ass and child bearing hips isn't a good look for him.

More pre-taped promos from Taylor in a suit wouldn't be a bad thing.

So apparently Jonathan Gresham has been working without a contract since April.   Given that he is the top trainer at their Dojo and one of the top workers in the company it is just idiotic and typical Ring of Honor in the last couple years.   Especially since he has been one of the hottest talents in the indies and currently in New Japan Super Juniors tournament.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ace said:

What is it with that family? Gresham's wife (Jordynne Grace) didn't have a contract with Impact until the past week or so either.

Not looking to be tied down when a better gig comes along?

9 hours ago, Archibald said:

Going down the rabbit hole.

Bat shit insane Matt Taven is probably the way to go. Nobody should ever used the term melvins, unless of course, they're discussing the band.

• Like 1