DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

13 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Bubba's influence grows...

I'll spoiler this one just to be safe:

I can think of other things growing but that would lead to yet another "Settle down..." reaction.

• Haha 2

The Twerking WOH Wrestler was Katie Forbes. 

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Someone needs to reach out to Angelina Love to help her. For the love of God, she needs to eat something. 

Until she goes Full Daizee Haze it's not quite in crisis mode yet. 

16 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Until she goes Full Daizee Haze it's not quite in crisis mode yet. 

Sadly, it shouldn't have to get to that point. 

I can't imagine right-wing; conservative; propaganda machine, Sinclair Broadcast would be in favor of scantily clad women twerking on their programming.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

Angelina Love has looked unhealthily skinny for like ten years. 

Yes, she has. I doubt she even put on much weight when she was pregnant.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

19 hours ago, Peck said:

By the way, I don't know where they found this Amy Rose at but she's more wooden than a "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan 2x4. 

She's from the Florida Indies  used to work for mlw and chaysen Rance shows.

HOLY SHIT! Kojima and Nagata are coming over for War of the Worlds!!! Did I mention I got front row seats??? 

Oh and GoD and Goto are confirmed for the tour so far too.

Toronto is getting PCO challenging for the ROH title too...that should be pretty fun!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Forbes can stink up a ring. Noticeably one of the worst from the WOW reboot. I'm tempted to say this is an all time low. She is dating RVD so I guess that explains her appearances here and recently with Impact.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AverageKong said:

Forbes can stink up a ring. Noticeably one of the worst from the WOW reboot. I'm tempted to say this is an all time low. She is dating RVD so I guess that explains her appearances here and recently with Impact.

She was on the card at United We Stand. I do like the squat Samoan drop while having two opponents on her shoulders, but otherwise she's pretty bad in the ring. She does have some great assets. Baby got back.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

She was on the card at United We Stand. I do like the squat Samoan drop while having two opponents on her shoulders, but otherwise she's pretty bad in the ring. She does have some great assets. Baby got back.

Implants,she is more plastic than flesh. Really nice lady,but flat out awful in the ring.

Basic gist

- Danny Cage - who started in Dec - has already left as his ideas were met with resistance (plus he is tight with Delirious)

- Delirious losing power

- Bully Ray and Joey Mercury gaining power

- Heat on anyone who was involved in the ALL IN deal

I think that whoever green-lighted All In probably thought that they'll draw 3000 people and that will be that. Yes, it was stupid decision, but I'm not sure if you can really blame them for it. Back then nobody imagined that it would kick start AEW.

No one knew that All In was going to lead into AEW, so targeting the guys that helped isn't going to help, only hurt things more.  If the keeping quiet shit Bubba and Mercury want to do ends up nuking the NJPW deal, RoH is dead in the water, so they should probably rethink that route.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 10:47 PM, AverageKong said:

Good Lord, the end of that match with her and the other against Sakai and Mayu was DREADFUL. A lot of people standing around for others to be in position.  I’ve seen barely-trained Indy wrestlers have better matches.  Tenille seemed really annoyed on commentary like she had stumbled into an ECW cat fight and did NOT want to be there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caley said:

Good Lord, the end of that match with her and the other against Sakai and Mayu was DREADFUL. A lot of people standing around for others to be in position.  I’ve seen barely-trained Indy wrestlers have better matches.  Tenille seemed really annoyed on commentary like she had stumbled into an ECW cat fight and did NOT want to be there.  

It might be a reason why Tenille opted not to re-sign with ROH; ROH going in this direction with the women. 

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It might be a reason why Tenille opted not to re-sign with ROH; ROH going in this direction with the women. 

The thought definitely crossed my mind, as well. Before the match she was all excited then when Forbes started twerking, Caprice said “I forgot what I was saying...” and he and Riccaboni joked about whether she could back it up in the ring and Tenille said “I have no idea what is going on here” and was also audibly annoyed when she did the sort of Stinkface move.  Especially after the whole Emmslina thing, I could see this being an omen got her to get out while she can 

• Like 3

So now it seems according to Observer that Enzo and Cass are already done with Ring of Honor.   Even that or they are "working the sheets" when the next incident occurs.  The idea that you would do the run-in against the Briscoes and GOD on your biggest stage ever and not have one match with either of them is suspicious

On 4/17/2019 at 6:34 PM, caley said:

The thought definitely crossed my mind, as well. Before the match she was all excited then when Forbes started twerking, Caprice said “I forgot what I was saying...” and he and Riccaboni joked about whether she could back it up in the ring and Tenille said “I have no idea what is going on here” and was also audibly annoyed when she did the sort of Stinkface move.  Especially after the whole Emmslina thing, I could see this being an omen got her to get out while she can 

ON ROH TV this week they show a reason why you won't see Her for awhile. 

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

So now it seems according to Observer that Enzo and Cass are already done with Ring of Honor.   Even that or they are "working the sheets" when the next incident occurs.  The idea that you would do the run-in against the Briscoes and GOD on your biggest stage ever and not have one match with either of them is suspicious

Please let this be true. 

More about Lethal/Starr/Sinclair: https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2019/04/19/roh-news-ipwa-promoter-issues-statement-to-pwtorch-on-controversy-surrounding-the-david-starr-vs-jay-lethal-match-in-israel-this-weekend/

I’m a huge fan of Jay Lethal. I wanted my show to be prestigious in an attempt to rebuild wrestling in Israel and raise the level to the level of the wrestling scene in Europe, so I booked Matt Sydal – who already worked with us during the Von Erich show – and Jay Lethal. In my opinion, both exemplify what a pro wrestler should be inside and outside of the ring.

I invested all my money on this show even though it is only for 150 people. Even bought a new ring for it, too.

With Jay being ROH champ, I asked ROH if there was a chance he may defend the title here against David Starr, who also worked with us during the Von Erich show. And to my surprise they agreed.

I became aware of Starr when he stopped a match due an antisemitic comment and, even though the production of the show were all against bringing in an unknown name, I pushed for him to come here and nobody was disappointed.

When Starr did his promo, I did not realize the political reference he made and, after it was pointed out, I asked him to take it down, not to disrespect ROH, who did me a huge favor with the title match and as I hoped to have further business with them. Not sure if I could ever even dare to ask work with them after what happened, though.

Although David and I disagree on politics, I was willing to have my business get hurt just to keep his freedom of speech. The mess did not help me sell tickets and even got some not-so-nice ordeals, but I still got his back, no matter what, as I believe in his freedom of speech.

I don’t think Lethal lost the title because of Starr. ROH doesn’t really care about this deal as people want to think they do. Taven is a very talented wrestler. He won the title and has it for now, but make sure that I will be taking Jay Lethal to some serious holy places in the Holy Land, like where Jesus was born, and will give him the strength to come back and beat Taven for the title in their next meeting, so Taven should train hard, because Jay is going to unleash some holy beating next time they meet in the ring and get the belt back where it belongs – on Jay Lethal’s waist.

There was talk of bringing Taven or whoever may’ve won the title to add to the match, but I ran out of budget. Jay and Sydal’s flight’s from the U.S. to Israel are very expensive, three times more than all possible profit from the show, and with me donating all profits to Make-a-Wish Israel and putting all the money up from my own pocket, I just could not afford to bring anyone else.

Edited by Archibald

12 hours ago, Archibald said:

My money is on them causing Briscoes to lose a match in Crockett Cup.

I initially thought that would happen before reading they were done. If they are in fact done, is it possible New Japan had something to do with that? I'm sure ROH couldn't have been thrilled with Tama Tonga throwing his belt and basically saying it doesn't mean shit.