DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - god and my memory is shit but I think it is something like this

Animal beat Dusty in a singles match and was awarded the 6 man titles (I think Dusty was about to quit/be fired)

The Road Warriors picked Tenryu to be their partner as champions

The problem was NWA/WCW didn't talk to Giant Baba first and Baba was promoting a match in Japan that was the Road Warriors vs. Tenryu and someone (This is the part I might be messing up a little bit)

Baba basically had to apologize to the Japanese fans for not being able to run a match he advertised and that pretty much torpedoed the work relationship

The titles whre then vacated and Tenryu went back to All Japan

I hadn't heard that version of the story but I freely admit that my memory is shit too.

The version I heard was that the Clash of the Champions six-man tag team title match had been promoted as Road Warriors/Tenryu vs Sting/Junkyard Dog/Michael Hayes, and then they did the angle during the show where The Varsity Club chained closed the face locker room gate so they couldn't go to the ring and took their place, and THAT was what offended AJPW.

Either way, the headline comes down to "WCW did something stupid and pissed off Giant Baba."

2 hours ago, BEN! said:

Bully being the only one to hit the ring made it look like a work more than anything.

Yep. Was there live and stood there for the first 30 seconds going "Holy Shit, Enzo and Cass really are that stupid" and then at about sixty seconds said to myself "Security isn't breaking this up...holy shit, Ring of Honor are really that stupid". Everyone in my section noticed that too, a pretty important detail given that damn near everyone within the 30 minutes prior had watched the footage of security coming to stop the Bret Hall Hall of Fame situation when all of their phones blew up.

And that Briscoes response to Tama Tonga is shockingly weak.

The Briscos gave it their best shot there, but the angle is really fucking dumb. Not sure what else they could really do in the circumstances.

Tama is the most frustrating guy in the business. Insanely athletic, great character and promo work, and yet he can't seem to ever put it together and have consistently good matches.

• Like 3

Tenryu being both a rival and an ally to the Road Warriors? So it's like when he helped Yokozuna kill the Undertaker at Royal Rumble '94, then teamed with Taker (against Yoko & Bigelow) when the WWF toured Japan a few months later.

There are talks now that Ring of Honor has signed Enzo and Cass to a MULTI YEAR deal.   Maybe this isn't true but how fucking stupid must you be to think that these two goofs are going to be hot free agents for a WWE return or an IMPACT debut and need to sign them that quickly

48 minutes ago, hammerva said:

There are talks now that Ring of Honor has signed Enzo and Cass to a MULTI YEAR deal.   Maybe this isn't true but how fucking stupid must you be to think that these two goofs are going to be hot free agents for a WWE return or an IMPACT debut and need to sign them that quickly

Why the hell would you sign them to a multi-year deal? I wouldn't want to give them anything more than a pay per appearance deal. All the talent that's available and they bring in these two. It's really sad when LOLTNA has become LOLROH. 

This proves Bubba Ray took way too many shots to the head. Delirious is god awful on his own, so there was no need to add Bubba Ray's shitty ideas to this shit sandwich.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Intermission at the tapings and so far tonight I’ve been called a virgin by Angelina Love(which I categorically deny) and Bobby Cruise insinuated that I had, um, vast experience removing a microphone flag(which I cannot deny). Just another night of professional wrestling....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

nZo and CazXL will be the two fuckheads' names in ROH.  They will be collectively known as The Free AgentZ.  

What the hell kind of jumping-from-CMLL-to-AAA namebotching is this?

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

I think the Two Fuckheads is the name they should go with. Maybe Two Assholes Nobody Ever Wanted to See Again.

I know the second one is a little wordy, but I think it best encapaulates fans feelings about them.

• Like 2

Ugh. I'm starting to sorta regret getting tickets for the ROH PNW debut show if those 2 fuckwads will be on it. Guess that will be the bathroom break/get food/browse the merch stand match

54 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

You Can Both Fuck Off works as a team name and YCBFO is the same # of letters as SAWFT so it's got that going for itself as well. 

You Can Fuck Off has a nice rhythm to it.

You can fuck off clap clap clapclapclap. You can fuck off clap clap clapclapclap.

• Like 2

Re: ROH signing those 2 jagoffs to multi year deals

To quote Randy Orton...

"STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!!!"

And there's no way NJPW would want them on the War of the Worlds shows, right?

The shows are in 3 weeks...hope they start announcing NJPW talent and matches soon.

• Like 1

Looks like Briscoes/GoD now have three twitter videos talking shit about each other. If GoD and NJPW really didn't knew anything about this thing then to me it looks like they have rather quickly decided to continue booking GoD/Briscoes feud. On one hand this might be NJPW trying to be class act and are running with this thing in order to finish the feud before they jump ship.

Alternatively it is possible that they don't care that much or that they actually knew and "NJPW had no idea this was happening" is part of the work. You know, we all think that Enzo/Cass running in was supposed to look like a shoot, but maybe it was just a distraction and the real goal here is "RoH screwed NJPW, there might be legit heat between companies and their wrestlers". After all, shoot run ins are stupid because everyone is going to film it and everyone understands that if it actually happened for real then security would deal with it in 10 seconds. But how do you know if heat between two companies is real or not? We all understand that RoH and NJPW probably have to work together for some time due to contracts signed in the past, but other than that we have no idea and we might be played by whoever is leaking those things to Dave or whoever else.

Those video responses aren't amazing, but at the same time now I want to see GoD/Briscoes more than I did after Honor Rising when G1 Supercard match was announced and Brody/PCO with Evil/Sanada weren't added to the match yet. So add some more exchanges, maybe some stiff shots when those teams likely meet on War of the Worlds in some capacity to make it looks like everyone is really pissed and I think that eventual match is going to be heated.

The way G1 Supercard match was worked it is kinda obvious that goal here is for Briscoes to beat GoD and get those titles back. But before that can happen they'll have to deal with Enzo/Cass. Meanwhile, on the other side of the ocean GoD are chasing Yano who now has stolen their RoH tag titles as well. So both teams have new things to deal with (well Yano has stolen belts before, but now he has stolen two sets of belts, so you know, stakes are higher!) before they eventually clash again for those titles.

In other words I have really no clue if this is all a work or not, but it is working for me in a sense that I'm now more interested in eventual GoD/Briscoes match.

Also, sorry for double post, but this is kinda different thing anyway:

I think that Enzo/Cass might run in during Crockett Cup and cause Briscoes elimination. Corgan has booked that meme dude with no chin (don't remember his name) to face Aldis before so he probably wouldn't mind Enzo and Cass bringing some attention to NWA as well.

There was a Tag Team that did debut last night... (well, aside from working a couple of ROH Dark Matches in the past it looks like)

Spoiler

Sons of Savagery out of MCW. They laid out Lifeblood after a Shane Taylor/Bandido match. 

• Like 1

No Enzo/Cass at Masters of the Craft and the show had 3 great matches. The 4 way match was a great spot fest that stole the show and the Ironman tag match was just slightly below it plus the main event was a fun 6 man street fight. 

Edited by Hail Sabin
  • Like 2

I find her very creepy. She looks like a mannequin. Those eyes...I have the perfect quote to describe those eyes.

"I met him, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes… the devil’s eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy’s eyes was purely and simply… evil."

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Peck said:

By the way, I don't know where they found this Amy Rose at but she's more wooden than a "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan 2x4. 

ROH seems to be headed much more in the...um...T&A (not to be confused with TNA) direction lately: Allure, Rose and this week’s TV had a WOH wrestler (I forgot her name!) full-on twerking before she got in the ring.   

https://images.app.goo.gl/ctaVTMD88p9PCUC87