DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

Just got tickets for the PNW debut on June 1st. Can't wait. Was hoping some NJPW talent would be on it too, but since the BOSJ tournament is happening then I doubt it. 

I will mention it here because it is specific to ROH

A lot of the decisions made tonight are because Bully Ray has gotten himself a position of power and has much more influence now

According to some - the “shoot” they are trying to push was fought by several people but Bully got his way

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

A lot of the decisions made tonight are because Bully Ray has gotten himself a position of power and has much more influence now

According to some - the “shoot” they are trying to push was fought by several people but Bully got his way

So his first big decision was to bring in Enzo and Cass for a worked shoot. Fuck. This. Company.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Edwin

ENZO AND CASS TO ROH IN 2019??

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Can't wait for Enzo and Cass challenging for the IWGP tag team titles on January 4, 2020 at the Tokyo Dome via their ROH contracts.

Edited by Edwin

I feel like this is...not a terrible decision for ROH?  They’re bleeding eyeballs right now. And say what you will about those goofs, but they (mostly Enzo) draw attention.

I mean, as hated as he was here, Enzo was majorly over with WWE audiences and drawing a lot of merch money till his very last day there.  

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

A bad influence. Bully Ray's always come across as a twat.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

If this is a work and Enzo and Cass are coming in there’s money in them vs The Briscoes keep them away from the tag titles but ROH Lifers vs WWE castoffs. Enzo and Cass are sports entertainers, Mark and Jay are wrasslers built in feud. Plus after how clean Jay left Enzos clock it’s be dumb not to do a program.

I think the biggest surprise for me was watching it on Honor Club and the Stream had no issues even when I paused it! Major improvement from last year when I had it and come Early May I'll just cancel it again unless the War of Worlds cards look great. 

I wonder if Rayne wanted out of ROH since she knew The Allure was coming in the future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

ROH has been stale for years and anything Bubba is included in makes it 100 times worse.  It feels like the only reason ROH is looked at as the #2 fed is because of its affiliation with NJPW.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

I wonder if Rayne wanted out of ROH since she knew The Allure was coming in the future. 

The story going around when she quit ROH was that originally it was Madison who had pitched bringing in Velvet and Angelina to re-form the Beautiful People, but Delirious insisted on putting Mandy in the group instead of Madison and wanted Madison to feud with them.

Edited by pgi86

1 hour ago, pgi86 said:

The story going around when she quit ROH was that originally it was Madison who had pitched bringing in Velvet and Angelina to re-form the Beautiful People, but Delirious insisted on putting Mandy in the group instead of Madison and wanted Madison to feud with them.

Gee, I wonder why Delirious insisted on Mandy. Mandy vs. Kelly Klein will be a fucking trainwreck of a match. When Delirious became booker, I didn't think he would be worse than Adam Pearce, but he is.

Despite the Enzo & Cass shenanigans, this show was fun as hell to be at. I don't regret going at all. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

And CMLL will just keep on being CMLL.

for all my shitting on ROH in the last few hours, I did realize last night that I've now been to two ROH shows, and two CMLL Aniverasarios in my life, and Dragon Lee was on the two ROH shows and not the CMLL ones

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

How long has lizard booker man had it now? 

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Too long?

Way too long

According to Wikipedia, he replaced Pearce 8/15/2010, but that period seems like it was Delirious only being a front for Cornette's out of touch booking. 

• Thanks 1

Are people really shocked that ROH came off as amateur in their big moment to shine and dragged the show down? I think most on here saw it coming from a mile away. Fuck, I've had a busy fun weekend so I have yet to see much of this but reading it didn't live up to the expectations and the ROH nonsense has killed what hype I had to watch it today. ROH can get fucked as far as I'm concerned and the sooner New Japan ditches them the better. 

• Like 1