DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

31 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I'm going with "I like horses DURRRRRRRRRRRR"

You say that but a friend of mine who rides horses absolutely loves Page.  All it took was that All Out entrance and she was hooked.  So if he's able to corner that market then fuck it why not.

And to go back to that Corbin figure on Ryder and Hawkin's podcast they said Baron went on a long tirade about it and is pissed.  But they're not course-correcting on the figure so he's out of luck.

44 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

You say that but a friend of mine who rides horses absolutely loves Page.  All it took was that All Out entrance and she was hooked.  So if he's able to corner that market then fuck it why not.

And to go back to that Corbin figure on Ryder and Hawkin's podcast they said Baron went on a long tirade about it and is pissed.  But they're not course-correcting on the figure so he's out of luck.

Yeah the best part is them saying they shit on this figure months ago and it was already too late.

That podcast is great and I'd recommend it to anyone in this thread that is even marginally interested in wrestling merch, especially with Ryder's constant random rare arena merch pickups lately.  He's getting shit I never knew existed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Yeah the best part is them saying they shit on this figure months ago and it was already too late.

That podcast is great and I'd recommend it to anyone in this thread that is even marginally interested in wrestling merch, especially with Ryder's constant random rare arena merch pickups lately.  He's getting shit I never knew existed.

Yeah, some of their phrases are a bit odd but I generally like listening to them.  It's led to me having two rings full of Hasbro and retro figures plus some WCW Galoobs that look neat (the Sting one is still one of my favorites)  Their Youtube channel has Zack showing some of those merch pickups which is a pretty neat watch.

6 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

The only Galoobs I owned were that Sting and bald spot Arn.

When my mom saw that Arn's bald spot she said "That wasn't very nice of them to make him like that."

I also had the Sting and Arn Galoobs. I also had the Sid Galoob, which I turned into Adam Bomb when I got the Sid Hasbro figure.

That was a nice set to end the series on (for now, hoping it resumes soon since they said on there it's "on ice")  Getting JYD and Diesel was awesome and I liked Matt and Elias too.  Too bad that guitar is so darn fragile to the touch so it's just sitting to the side.  Looking back I'm happy with the ones I got but felt some seemed too bland for a retro figure (didn't feel a huge need for KO or Goldberg)  But a Flair with proper chop movement was nice and Xavier's gear stands out.  May need to get Kofi and Big E soon before they raise the price.

Oh, and I recently got Demolition and with the ring color they stand out so darn well.  Between them, Koko and Bam Bam coming Friday I only have a couple more Hasbros to go before I feel I'm good with what I have.  I may look into accessories for certain ones at some point and hope those aren't too hard to get/too expensive.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

5 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I don't listen to their podcast, but I watch every video they upload on their YouTube channel. So I'll co-sign this, even though the YouTube channel is adjacent to the podcast.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 2:51 PM, Tromatagon said:

The only Galoobs I owned were that Sting and bald spot Arn.

When my mom saw that Arn's bald spot she said "That wasn't very nice of them to make him like that."

Festus sitting in the locker room looking depressed staring at his first figure.  Arn walks in and looks at it.  "Yeah, they did me dirty like that too, son."

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Lucious Lyon figure from Fox's cancelled Empire figure line?

Using the Carlos Boozer/Stephen Miller method of painted on hair. Literally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/1/2019 at 3:34 AM, Ryan said:

Holy shit, I would so use this. This one is signed. I think there's only one of it.

9139420790814.jpg

This is really neat. If I traveled more and it didn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd def. be interested in grabbing one.