DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

I love the BCNY shirt. I've been looking for that one already. The LIJ one is very cool as well. Of course, they're inaccurate because the Statue of Liberty is in New Jersey, but I'm not going to nitpick over it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I kind of want that.  If I could cook worth a damn and liked making curry I would use that dish all the damn time.

Another Greek that can't cook? We must be the black sheep of Greeks. That plate would look nice with a nice heap of lamb and orzo or pastitsio, and of course pita and tzatziki on the side.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 4:03 PM, Ace said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUQxbTviQh7VhyvxlkCl2

Liberty Island has been owned by the federal government since 1801, first as a military installation and now as a national landmark. Statue of Liberty National Monument, Ellis Island and Liberty Island, listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1966, encompasses land in both states control of which is superseded by the United States. The undisputed boundary between New Jersey and New York is in the center of the Hudson River and the Upper New York Bay, with Liberty Island situated well on the New Jersey side of the water line with Liberty Island itself an exclave of the State of New York and a part of New York City, allowing the state and city of New York to retain sovereignty of Liberty Island, serve process there and collect sales tax from Liberty Island souvenir shops. 

In response to a FAQ about whether the Statue of Liberty is in New York or New Jersey, the National Park Service, which oversees Liberty Island, cites the 1834 compact. Question 127 on a naturalization examination piloted in 2006 asks "Where is the Statue of Liberty?" The U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services gives "New York Harbor" and "Liberty Island" as preferred answers, but notes that "New Jersey," "New York," "New York City," and "on the Hudson" are acceptable.

The Statue of Liberty itself is claimed as a symbol by both New York and New Jersey. It was featured on New York license plates from 1986 through 2000 and on a special New Jersey license plate celebrating Liberty State Park in Jersey City. The Statue is also seen on the New York State Quarter. The national monument was the symbol of the Central Railroad of New Jersey, still used by the Raritan Valley Line. (The Central Railroad of New Jersey Terminal is nearby).

Though it is uninhabited, the United States Geological Survey includes it as part of New York's 10th congressional district as of the 114th United States Congress in 2015. Both New York City and Jersey City have assigned the island lot numbers. Utility services, including electricity, water, and sewage, to Liberty and Ellis Islands are provided from the New Jersey side. Mail is delivered from Battery Park.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I feel like a curry set endorsed by any wrestler should immediately lead to a feud with this fella:

176670-cm1.jpg

Kevin Kelly and Rocky Romero have made reference to him usually saying Yano's curry is hot, spicy, and tastes great.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Another Greek that can't cook? We must be the black sheep of Greeks. That plate would look nice with a nice heap of lamb and orzo or pastitsio, and of course pita and tzatziki on the side.

My mom is such an amazing cook that trying to cook Greek would almost feel like quite a step down from how she does it.  We cook some things but nothing too crazy.  Though my friend made curry at our place that didn't seem too painful.  Might have to give it a shot.  And with that I'm now hungry.

That LIJ NY shirt is so damn awesome-looking that I would almost consider picking that up.  But since it's a localized shirt I'll go with their new regular one which looks great.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Snoopy Bullet Club shirts.

I dunno, I could see Snoopy being All Elite.  Heck, he could have friendly competitions with Pharaoh to see who the literal top dog is in the company.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

It can't be their best shirt if it doesn't tell people that I'm always pounding ass.  Runner up at most.

Remember Sin Cara with his cock out?

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 4