DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

15 minutes ago, Ryan said:

What the fuck? Who is selling that?

Edit: Indy Connection. I get the joke, but that shirt is racist as hell.

I don't get that it's racist, but G-Raver is a special breed of stupid to keep going after someone who already sued him for this shit.

• Like 1

I know it's a parody of a specific sad clown face, but with his history the first thing it looked like to me was a clown in blackface. I'm probably reading too much into it and I am just some white guy. Still stupid of him to antagonize him and G-Raver is notoriously a piece of shit.

Edit: Yeah, Weary Willie, the hobo clown. Just looks off these days.

220px-Emmett_Kelly_1953_(cropped).jpg

Edited by Ryan

On 12/27/2019 at 1:42 PM, D.Z said:

i-img800x600-1577284068hzfzr1350723.jpg

I like to imagine the front figurine is Inoki trying to slide into a base.

Edited by Ryan

On 12/29/2019 at 8:01 AM, Ryan said:

I like to imagine the front figurine is Inoki trying to slide into a base.

I like to imagine it’s a homage to the Ali match with him laying on the ground trying to kick Ali’s legs the whole time. 

• Haha 1

I always assumed that was a typo and they meant Basketball. Then I saw pictures of Baba in his baseball uniform, and it still didn't seem right. There's running in Baseball. 

I should probably try to watch some 60s or early 70s Baba matches at some point, when he could actually move. Seeing him in the 90s, when his offense was largely based on having people run into him, you start to think maybe he was always like that. Born old, as it were.

Same thing with Stan Hansen. You kind of think of him as being middle aged and grumpy forever, because he started working veteran style in his 20s.

1 minute ago, AxB said:

I always assumed that was a typo and they meant Basketball. Then I saw pictures of Baba in his baseball uniform, and it still didn't seem right. There's running in Baseball. 

I should probably try to watch some 60s or early 70s Baba matches at some point, when he could actually move. Seeing him in the 90s, when his offense was largely based on having people run into him, you start to think maybe he was always like that. Born old, as it were.

Same thing with Stan Hansen. You kind of think of him as being middle aged and grumpy forever, because he started working veteran style in his 20s.

Baba was a pitcher, so it's not like he was running down fly balls in the outfield. Still, from what I've read, he wasn't a bad player by any means. If you can find some footage of him in the 1960s or early 1970s, he could really go for such a tall man.

There's a ton of old Baba on Ditch's old AJPW page and it stands the test of time. I seem to remember a match with Harley being really choice. 

EDIT: Most of those matches can be found here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=giant+baba+1970s 

That was rather easy. There is a LOT of interesting stuff here, with Baba fighting everyone from Bobo Brazil to Gene Kiniski to a 200 lb. Abby. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

There's a ton of old Baba on Ditch's old AJPW page and it stands the test of time. I seem to remember a match with Harley being really choice. 

EDIT: Most of those matches can be found here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=giant+baba+1970s 

That was rather easy. There is a LOT of interesting stuff here, with Baba fighting everyone from Bobo Brazil to Gene Kiniski to a 200 lb. Abby. 

Mobile Abdullah is almost as scary to me as mobile Andre. 

7 hours ago, elizium said:

You think police brutality is bad in the States? Ours stab you with forks.

Then covers you with maple syrup and feeds you to some rabid beavers and moose. Your bones are ground up and used in hockey pucks. Canadians waste no part of the corpse.

Edited by Ryan

4 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Yeah that's still a lot more humane than what often happens here... ???

Depends where they put the fork... The Canadians also give you Hep C.