DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

On 12/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Shit, dude. I've got two of those clear plastic prints for screenprinting with the New Japan and Big Japan logos hanging on the wall in front of me right now; would that help make some shirts or is there a step missing (as in you would need the screens I'm guessing)? 

I'm not sure. Screenprinting is like a mystical art I don't understand. The way my wife makes them is via photo editing software to create whatever design she is coming up with, she feeds that info to her vinyl cutter, it cuts that pattern out of heat transfer vinyl, then she presses them in place. Like you used to get at T Shirts Plus or Shirtique in the mall, only not just cheesedicky single letters like Greg Valentine's "Wahoo's Leg" shirt. She can do all kinds of wild shit.

Edited by grilledcheese

Yeah, my former roommate, who made those stencils, was doing something similar but I'm not sure how either. It was probably more DIY style but I know she had to use a computer for the printouts. Like, she had a sieve thing that the image was placed on and she scraped the ink through -- it was probably something out of a Crimethinc book. If I wasn't such a useless prick back then I might've actually stepped up and helped her make the shirts, but instead they just became permanent wall hangings. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 12/20/2019 at 6:56 AM, JetBlack83 said:

One day Okada will have a shirt that I actually want to buy once again. It's not today sadly.

056449-ec2.jpg

I didn't realize there weren't more letters behind him. "Cold Skull Grape Wasps, The Highlight of Heavy Nope"? 

Cold Skull Grasps The Light Of Hope? He's like "bursting" through it, not in front of it.

3 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I'm not sure. Screenprinting is like a mystical art I don't understand. The way my wife makes them is via photo editing software to create whatever design she is coming up with, she feeds that info to her vinyl cutter, it cuts that pattern out of heat transfer vinyl, then she presses them in place. Like you used to get at T Shirts Plus or Shirtique in the mall, only not just cheesedicky single letters like Greg Valentine's "Wahoo's Leg" shirt. She can do all kinds of wild shit.

Wahoo's Leg shirt, but with a drawing of Valentine breaking it.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 5:23 PM, odessasteps said:

As a kid,I had the t-shirt place at the mall made me an Ole style "evil mean & nasty" shirt. 

Et tu, Mark?

I went through three of them back in the day. The record is still Chris Daniels' "Fallen Angel" shirt, I wore five of those to pieces as my dart league shirts.

Edited by OSJ

What the fuck? Who is selling that?

Edit: Indy Connection. I get the joke, but that shirt is racist as hell.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1