DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

Circling back to tops and being gay.  I decided to go ahead and get the Undisputed Era Pride shirt, since it's cool and I'm a fan and honestly didn't expect them to be the ones having Pride merch.  (Plus of course GLAAD getting a cut.)

I was led to the thought though, that if I saw a KO Pride "Fight (for) Anyone" shirt,  I might legitimately cry.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I was led to the thought though, that if I saw a KO Pride "Fight (for) Anyone" shirt,  I might legitimately cry. 

I somehow missed that one when seeing the selection.  Holy crap that's awesome, I'm going to let my friend know about that.

• Like 1

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

I somehow missed that one when seeing the selection.  Holy crap that's awesome, I'm going to let my friend know about that.

You missed the word "if" ?    

Plus, I'd expect Sami to be up there too if KO gets one. 

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You missed the word "if" ?    

Plus, I'd expect Sami to be up there too if KO gets one. 

To be honest I didn't go and re-check the site so that's on me.  ?  But hey, if this is a yearly thing they could put it in for next year.

Now one I do remember seeing is Naomi's shirt and I thought that would be pretty great for a parade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well of course, he's a handsome guy. But I bet dollars to donuts that if they got ahold of him they'd start trying to get rid of it. 

I said they don't mind it. That doesn't mean they like it. I am sure some wacky person with a pair of shears chases him around backstage.

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Screw selling it one month a year. Always sell it and always donate from it.

I very much agree with that and for the ones this year it looks like a lot of them are still on the site.  And looking at the details portions will still go GLAAD up until December 31.  So I'll give them credit for that.  But while I don't expect KO's shirt to be there until next year it would be nice if it was sooner.

@Dolfan in NYC  the more I think about the more I love that idea.  If you're so inclined it might be worth tweeting WWE Shop and see what they say.

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Screw selling it one month a year. Always sell it and always donate from it.

As opposed to Target, who puts their Pride gear on sale July 1st.

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

He did wrestle over there for WCW...

Worked some shots for NJPW over the years as well, including a couple of Dome shows. I remember them describing him as "the epitome of everything that doesn't get over in Japan."

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Worked some shots for NJPW over the years as well, including a couple of Dome shows. I remember them describing him as "the epitome of everything that doesn't get over in Japan."

LOL!!! Barber could have done with his buddy, Fuck Hulk Hogan.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 1

He did a few tours in the early 80s that went nowhere obviously. When he came back in the 90s with WCW he didn't do much. I'm fairly certain those two dome matches aired in some form for sure. That tag sounds amazingly horrifying however. It is from the show with Hogan/Muta, so it may exist in some form.

1    26.09.1993    New Japan Pro Wrestling    The Jurassic Powers (Hercules Hernandez & Scott Norton) defeat Brutus Beefcake & Jake Roberts (12:32)
NJPW G1 Climax Special 1993 - Tag 6 - Event @ Osaka Jo Hall in Osaka, Japan
2    23.09.1993    New Japan Pro Wrestling    Brutus Beefcake defeats Black Cat (4:57)
NJPW G1 Climax Special 1993 - Tag 3 - TV-Show @ Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
3    03.05.1993    New Japan Pro Wrestling    Brutus Beefcake defeats Masa Saito (8:35)
NJPW Wrestling Dontaku In Fukuoka Dome - TV-Show @ Fukuoka Dome in Fukuoka, Japan

1    04.01.1994    New Japan Pro Wrestling    Brutus Beefcake defeats Black Cat (8:06)
NJPW Battlefield In Tokyo Dome - TV-Show @ Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan

Edited by Ryan

I like just scanning PWTees site for wrestlers I've never even seen in print form and seeing what disasters they're selling and wondering if a single person has ever bought them.