DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

So, you're the El Phantasmo fan. He apparently used to wear a mask, but I sure as hell can't find an image of it. Also, not trying that hard.

New Japan has been my introduction to him, but I'm going back and delving into his pre-New Japan work. It's hard getting used to him working as a face. He comes across as such a natural heel in New Japan. 

I haven't seen any mask pictures yet, but I did find him with green hair and Joker makeup.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Does he still do some of the worst acting ever during his promos? Because this has to be, like, intentionally bad:

• Haha 3

He's a chode who couldn't even Google to not only find out his name isn't proper Spanish but also that he's stealing the name (well, Fantasma) of a super famous luchador with and active son who is better than him in every way, so I'd never give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

I'm not sure which dude was more over the top in that promo.  Yeah, that had to be deliberately bad.

That was funny as hell. Of course, it was deliberately bad.

• Like 2

Rollins' new shirt robs him of his own personality and makes him being a relationship his primary trait, which is the opposite of what true equality is supposed to do. Then again, it's happening because Rollins didn't have much of a personality to begin with. From The Architect to Burn It Down to The Kingslayer to The Beastslayer: who exactly is Seth Rollins supposed to be?

In any case, it's a silly shirt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Rollins' new shirt robs him of his own personality and makes him being a relationship his primary trait, which is the opposite of what true equality is supposed to do. Then again, it's happening because Rollins didn't have much of a personality to begin with. From The Architect to Burn It Down to The Kingslayer to The Beastslayer: who exactly is Seth Rollins supposed to be?

ADD.

40 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

These kids in Ethiopia will love these unsold shirts.

I plan on going there to try and find a 1999 Stanley Cup Champion Buffalo Sabres shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

I plan on going there to try and find a 1999 Stanley Cup Champion Buffalo Sabres shirt.

The 90's Bills and Atlanta Braves are the greatest dynasties ever...in Africa.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I heard they loved the Y2AJ shirts.

I think with the Y2AJ shirts, Jericho said the story was "he wanted people to think the team was going to be in it for the long haul, so he asked them to make a one-show print run of the T-shirt for the team (similar to the city-specific shirts), just so people thought "oh no, there won't be a turn" to shock people more. 

So, it's about as much as the "IOWA'S OWN" Rollins shirt (still somehow better than this last one.)