DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

On 4/20/2019 at 3:30 PM, Ryan said:

GEAR TOP Oil Lighter Lion MarkGEAR TOP Oil Lighter Lion Mark

No longer for sale from what I see. It was only like $130.

$130 for a Zippo lighter is crazy. Supreme branded Zippos only go for like $80 resale.

I've been listening to some of Hawkins/Ryder's podcasts and and they sound like Don West talking about Ken Griffey, Jr. rookie cards when it comes to that Retro Ring.  It's only $20 at Amazon.  Some of the figures are listed for more than that.  I'm not saying this is poor financial investment advice but I don't really think a kid that's 10 in 2019 is going to have any nostalgic pangs in 2039 for an 80s style ring in a 90s retro format.  If you really wanted to speculate on something like this then the figures of the current guys might be a better thing to buy and stash away for a decade or two.

I can't believe they want credit for getting Mattel to ditch the stands.  Maybe ask for them to get placed in the package behind the figure but they don't have to use it if they don't like it.  And the price didn't go down so there's no savings attached to it and now you can't do this:

81HgX3T8hnL._SY879_.jpg

https://amzn.to/2GueTWC

Edited by BEN!
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, BEN! said:

I've been listening to some of Hawkins/Ryder's podcasts and and they sound like Don West talking about Ken Griffey, Jr. rookie cards when it comes to that Retro Ring.  It's only $20 at Amazon.  Some of the figures are listed for more than that.  I'm not saying this is poor financial investment advice but I don't really think a kid that's 10 in 2019 is going to have any nostalgic pangs in 2039 for an 80s style ring in a 90s retro format.  If you really wanted to speculate on something like this then the figures of the current guys might be a better thing to buy and stash away for a decade or two.

I can't believe they want credit for getting Mattel to ditch the stands.  Maybe ask for them to get placed in the package behind the figure but they don't have to use it if they don't like it.  And the price didn't go down so there's no savings attached to it and now you can't do this:

I love the stands. Those fools. I'll just hunt down more of the Jakks-era block logo stands. 

Maybe they're assuming (wrongly so) that the prices will go insane in 25 years like the original Hasbro line did/is, completely forgetting the fact that the generation now really won't have an emotional attachment to these Mattels as the "toys they grew up with" like ~40-year-olds do today with the Hasbros. Hawkins/Ryder are so far down the rabbit hole of collecting, though. 

The cheap retro rings are a cool way to make some customized rings, though. 

• Like 1

I got two of the retro rings.  One I have for display and other is stashed away.  I saw Kurt's tutorial on making a custom but I'd rather keep it as is for when I stock up on more Hasbros.  Not sure if I need more than that unless I want to stock up for when the value goes up.  But for now that seems kind of pointless to me.  The WWE retros are good but I just don't feel a big need to go crazy with them.  And there's no point me getting a newer Savage or Flair when I'd rather get the Hasbros instead.  As for the stands I'm cool with them though when you put them in a ring they are displayed higher than the others.  So if you want to keep it uniform then I can see why they'd forego the stands.  I have them stashed away somewhere and have used them before, may use them again if I spread them around the house instead of the ring.

And just my luck I get Series 1 Hulk and the seller mentioned everything works great.  I get it and the arms are not working properly and looks like they're ready to fall off.  I'll have it as a placeholder for now but will need to get another one.

12 hours ago, BEN! said:

But now we can have accessories, Like Goldust's wig and Elias' guitar 

46 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Fuck yeah I bought it. Not sure where to wear it where I won't get a ton of shit but I'll make it work. 

I'd wear it anywhere. I don't give people shit for wearing MAGA stuff as much as it pisses me off. If someone doesn't like that shirt:

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

On 4/24/2019 at 7:43 PM, The Natural said:

All's first shirt:

3629D79932.jpg

I love Ali, the design isn't bad at all, but chasing the light is something that my cats do when they're bored.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1