DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

37 minutes ago, The Natural said:

baby-sinclair-dinosaurs-abc.jpg?w=900

That show freaked me out as a kid and still does.

Whatever that thing is, get rid of it, I was up almost all night listening to Bushi scream (no, not THAT one, our newest cat that adopted us last summer; she has an impressively bushy tail, so the name is somewhat of a pun and also a jab at my wife who insists on pronouncing "Bushi" as "bushy). She's also gone into heat for the first time and has provided the dictionary definition of "caterwauling" for the last three weeks (Bushi, not my wife). So anyway, lose that image, I want to take a nap, not  have nightmares the rest of my life!

I'm going to have a serious talk with our Vet, whose response to this situation was: "Well, keep her inside, your boys are all fixed, she might meow a little bit for a week or so, as soon as she calms down, bring het in for the procedure!'

It's now going on three weeks and the howling begins like clockwork at !AM. She takes a nap around 9AM, and we've taken great pains to assure that no one one bothers her . I don't know what this waiting until she comes out of it is all about, but he's really the only traditional Vet in town, the other guy makes loads of housecalls, but his practice is pretty much horses and cattle. 

Edited by OSJ
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Natural said:

baby-sinclair-dinosaurs-abc.jpg?w=900

That show freaked me out as a kid and still does.

Ha! One of the Bradley players used to call me "Earl" when I was the student manager. ?

Yeah what sucks is they didn't make shirts of anyone I like enough to buy a shirt for.  They do have card versions of a lot of people I like, though.  It's going to be it's own Garbage Pail Kids card set and they include classic wrestlers too:

They're kind of shooting themselves in the foot with their shirt choices.  An 80s retro property should be highlighting 80s retro wrestlers at least some of the time.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 2

If I was to put money on it I'd say that this was the first set that won't do that.

The reason they did it was to produce twice the cards without having to deal with paying for more art.  They thought the first series was too small and realized they could release name variants and instantly double the lineup.  They only had two artists doing everything in the early years, too, so the workload was effectively cut in half for Bunk and Pound.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Thanks 2

On 3/11/2019 at 10:48 AM, Pete said:

He looks confused that they made a new shirt for him.

He looks like that on offense and when selling, so it's just his normal face.

The Garbage Pail Kids set is $24.99 and consists of only 13 cards:

IE bullshit pricing, halfassed set:

1. Gigantic ANDRE
2. Breakin' BECKY
3. C-Thru CENA
4. Savage RANDY
5. Mixed-Up MICK
6. Mouthy MIZ & Maryse
7. Slick RICK
8. Rowdy RONDA
9. Brawlin' ROLLINS
10. Seething STEVE
11. Chipped ROCK
12. Unravelled WARRIOR
13. Undead TAKER

https://www.topps.com/wwe-x-gpk-13-sticker-set.html

They will be doing shirts of the legends in the set, and they'll be exclusive to Spencer's Gifts.

If the card list matches up with the real card, they fucked up and spelled Ric with a K for Flair's card.

Edited by Tromatagon

On 3/12/2019 at 1:14 PM, Tromatagon said:

1. Gigantic ANDRE

2. Breakin' BECKY
3. C-Thru CENA
4. Savage RANDY
5. Mixed-Up MICK
6. Mouthy MIZ & Maryse
7. Slick RICK
8. Rowdy RONDA
9. Brawlin' ROLLINS
10. Seething STEVE
11. Chipped ROCK
12. Unravelled WARRIOR
13. Undead TAKER

These are also some pretty scabby name combos, too.

• Like 1