DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

WWE getting into the black metal patch game is not something I saw coming, but hey, he's already had a shirt that looked like a Darkthrone album cover. The crescent moon being a clear Leviathan patch reference is an interesting start.

Are denim vests in style? I would love an excuse to wear one in public.

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't think there's been a full-on hipster co-option yet but I think they're a little more accessible publicly than before. Of course they've always been in fashion to me. 

What was WALTER doing sitting there? Has WWE signed him? 

He's in NXT UK. His first match streamed yesterday. 

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't think there's been a full-on hipster co-option yet but I think they're a little more accessible publicly than before. Of course they've always been in fashion to me. 

Now that I remember, I did see a teen in a Sunrise Publix yesterday wearing a denim jacket, with an AC/DC patch on it. I doubt that kid has ever heard a full AC/DC album in his life. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ah. I forgot there even was an NXT UK -- then again I don't have the Network.

EDIT: Heh, poor Jack Starz. WALTER lit him up pretty good. 

NINTCHDBPICT000465650769.jpg?w=960

You know you've chopped someone hard, when a palm reader can tell your future by looking at the other guy's chest.

• Haha 3

As much as I appreciate that backpatch I've never been able to watch Larry's show -- the social anxiety button in my brain gets absolutely hammered over and over again by his behavior on it haha

(I do have a Bathory patch on my first ever vest though, and hand-painted the Mercyful Fate logo on my leather which knocks King off the list)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

As the resident Metal Guy on here (who has five patched vests and jackets FWIW) I have to say that is pretty cool. But would I wear it? ...

It will be cool to see examples with other patches on it though.

I've never had them.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I've put some patches on some things in yesteryear (a Cannibal Corpse patch on an Army surplus coat, which I asked my mom to sew on), but I've always been of the opinion denim should stop at below the waste.  Cliff Burton maybe was the only dude to make jean jackets look cool.

I do have an awesome Morgoth (Odium) patch that I've never put on anything. 

I've got two denim trucker jackets, two corduroy trucker jackets, AND a black denim vest with patches and buttons. No rasslin' patches or pins on it, although I've seen others do it in SoCal.

• Like 2