DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING MERCH

RIPPA

On 1/1/2019 at 12:53 PM, AxB said:

You wonder why, when they put so much effort into the costuming of the Wrestlers, making sure they have a distinctive unique look each, why is it that there is so little effort put into merch designs? Why does everyone have a generic 'Titantron logo on black background' as their default shirt? If Sasha Banks'* husband designs and makes all of her ring gear, why isn't he allowed to design her merch?

*Sasha Banks passes the predictive text test. Unlike Alexa Vega or Mandy can you are you want to be in at the way to be in.

SorceressKnight's Greater Wrestling Merchandising Theory:

The best way to tell if a pro wrestler has truly made it to the main event is the moment they get a really, really stupid T-shirt design that no one in their right mind would be caught dead wearing. This is because if a wrestler's truly over enough to be a top star, they could make you wear any cockamamie design they can think of and you'd do it because it's them.

(Note: I still haven't come to the conclusion whether the lowercarders' shirts are truly better or if the "Boy Stable" comes into play and its subsequent confidence boost: You wear a shirt of, say, the Shield or AJ Styles, you probably like them but may or may not be a huge fan. You're insane enough to wear, say, a Curt Hawkins T-shirt? You must be a fan...and if you bought a CustomTees shirt of the person? You must REALLY love them...and if you love the wrestler THAT MUCH, you're going to be confident enough to pull that shit off.) 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, MORELOCK said:

That doesn't even kind of look like Nikki Cross's face.

I guess they assume most people would just display her with the mask on.  I want to get it but I might be better off waiting until they make another one.  Now that she'll be on the main roster soon that seems pretty likely.  I am liking that Bludgeon Brothers set, especially Harper.

Switching gears I was at my mom's on Christmas Even and found a bag that had about 8 WWF Hasbro figures.  I of course have them displayed at home and have the itch to get others.  Now it's time to get more online and eventually the Hasbro ring to put them in.  I thank/blame Hawkins and Ryder for this.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:50 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Switching gears I was at my mom's on Christmas Even and found a bag that had about 8 WWF Hasbro figures.  I of course have them displayed at home and have the itch to get others.  Now it's time to get more online and eventually the Hasbro ring to put them in.  I thank/blame Hawkins and Ryder for this.

Gonna need to see some pics there, fella. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

Gonna need to see some pics there, fella. 

I'll get on that hopefully soon after I digest the AEW rally.  I just need to figure out where to put the ring when I get it for we have a rather tiny place.

• Like 1