DVDVR Message Board

2019 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA

RIPPA

On 5/17/2019 at 6:30 AM, RIPPA said:

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/the-night-the-lights-went-out-1834298070?cxu7e8q6qtd93vxumeeg30yi6.2pd1zf4t9aeae

The terrifying story of when Drew Magary's (by his own words) brain exploded

Yow! That makes my coma from five years ago seem like a walk in the park. It was four days that remain a total blank to me, but with a switch of meds, no danger of it occurring again.

Edited by OSJ

Sonny Jurgensen announced his retirement from Redskins radio games.  About 55 years of playing or working in the media with the Skins.  Like Sam Huff his fast ball was gone many many years ago but still for DC area people it is a huge loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, you need to download the 3rd hour of the LeBatard show from yesterday to hear the videographer from that Antoino Brown video tell the story about his last couple days in Oakland.  He's a 25-year-old dude who just stumbled into all of this shit...and was just waiting to tell the world about it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Paul Lucas from Uni-Watch was one of the SI layoffs - he was only hired seven weeks ago, after being laid off from ESPN earlier in the year.  I’m a big fan of his work...this sucks completely.

Mina Kimes will host the new Daily ESPN podcast called "ESPN Daily"

It will debut on Oct 20

Each episode will be 20 minutes and focus on a single "big" story

She will continue to do "The Mina Kimes Show"

• 2 weeks later...