DVDVR Message Board

2019 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I thought that was already known. 

Probably but I only saw it on Twitter yesterday (granted I could have easily forgotten I saw it earlier than that)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Tabe said:

I loved Bob Costas, Awesome Announce Guy before he got replaced by Bob Costas, Sanctimonious Gas Bag Guy. 

Bob Costas is someone who simultaneously realizes that sports aren't very important, but takes sports way too seriously.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hand-Drawn Sprite Man said:

It's not even a particularly convincing photoshop.

I thought Francesca retired? 

He did, hated not having attention from the public, and came back.  He also is constantly hawking a subscription-based app for $9.99 a month.  He is also constantly threatening to quit. 

It's going well, as you can only imagine.  (read the 2018 media thread for more)

On 1/28/2019 at 11:06 PM, Gonzo said:

Dave Portnoy and PFT Commenter managed to get themselves kicked out of Super Bowl Opening Night.

Hopefully that's all the more coverage it receives.

He bought a ticket to the game and the league (because they are idiots) sent a SWAT team to physically remove him from the building. I'm not going to get into a debate on the Barstool- NFL war because it's like the Kissinger line on the Iran-Iraq war that it's a shame both sides couldn't lose. But the league, instead of doing the smart thing and just ignoring the guy did that and created a video that could make people (right or wrong) sympathetic to him. But even worse is they gave the guy and his site the publicity and attention they both crave and seek.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:31 PM, sabremike said:

He bought a ticket to the game and the league (because they are idiots) sent a SWAT team to physically remove him from the building. I'm not going to get into a debate on the Barstool- NFL war because it's like the Kissinger line on the Iran-Iraq war that it's a shame both sides couldn't lose. But the league, instead of doing the smart thing and just ignoring the guy did that and created a video that could make people (right or wrong) sympathetic to him. But even worse is they gave the guy and his site the publicity and attention they both crave and seek.

I'm not a Barstool fan, but the PFT Commenter is brilliant.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:55 PM, Dewar said:

Quick follow up, Virk is apparently going to sue for wrongful termination.  My guess is they'll settle by giving him a small severance and that will be that. 

What he actually leaked, btw, was a conference call where MLB was letting ESPN slide on contractual obligations for studio time in return for moving the Sunday Night game to 7pm ET.