DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

Thanks guys! I've got front row seats...should I be expecting alot of dives?

More than likely. Don’t get caught unaware or you could end up with a caveman or a sorcerer in your lap. 

• Haha 1

I’ve been getting really into Lucha since TripleMania. That Blue Demon Jr. main was shockingly good with the bloodbath and the fan reaction were insane. I’ve also discovered the CMLL Live YouTube shows which have been great including the recent six-man that saw Místico/Caristico square off and get the crowd out of their seats at the standoff.

One thing I don’t get though is the hype around Volador Jr. I’ve seen him a few times this year and he feels like he is a step behind or maybe he just mails it in for the smaller shows. 

I think even Rob might admit that he has mailed it in a lot this year. Can’t necessarily blame him, to be fair. 

I think maybe only Dragon Lee, Cavernario and the NGD are the main event guys worth watching week in and out. (Virus and Hechicero being exceptions lower down the card. Maybe Templario and Audaz too.)

I think the Fenix/Laredo/Puma/Taurus AAA Title 4-way from 8/10 is really really worth a watch. It's all the usual fun stuff you'd expect but a bit of extra focus on Taurus as the biggest guy in the match that everyone has to deal with gives it a little more structure. As good as anything AAA have done this year aside from maybe the Vikingo/Laredo match and the Triplemania main.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:02 PM, maciej said:

I think the Fenix/Laredo/Puma/Taurus AAA Title 4-way from 8/10 is really really worth a watch. It's all the usual fun stuff you'd expect but a bit of extra focus on Taurus as the biggest guy in the match that everyone has to deal with gives it a little more structure. As good as anything AAA have done this year aside from maybe the Vikingo/Laredo match and the Triplemania main.

Very much agree. I think Cubsfan said it best when he noted something in that PWG match sparked something in Taurus who realized how he should be working as a monster.

Main event for the Anniversary show confirmed.

SIETE COTIZADAS CABELLERAS EN DISPUTA EN JAULA PARA EL 86 ANIVERSARIO DEL CMLL 

Después de muchos retos y amenazas, este 27 de septiembre en la Arena México se podrán en juego siete cabelleras sumamente cotizadas en una jaula: Gilbert el Boricua, Ciber The Main Man, Big Daddy, Volador Jr., Negro Casas, Bárbaro Cavernario y Último Guerrero como platillo principal del 86 Aniversario del CMLL.

also, the micro mask match confirmed. 

Edit: the rest of the card is no better. ? 

Edited by odessasteps

Half the NYC card announced, and I'm suddenly really inclined to go:

Dr. Wagner Jr vs. Blue Demon Jr, No DQ

Cain Velasquez, Brian Cage & Psycho Clown vs. Texano Jr, Taurus, & Rey Escorpion

Lucha Bros (c) vs. LAX for the Campeonato de Parejas,

Tessa Blanchard (c) vs. Taya Valkyrie for the Reina de Reinas. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 9:30 AM, clintthecrippler said:

Are we 100 percent sure that's NOT a typo? I could see 6,000 on a high end, and even 600 on a low end, but 60 pretty much ensures that - this joke is stolen from elsewhere - the only people that bought the PPV were wrestling bloggers. 

Considering it was barely promoted, had no card to speak of until just before the event, and the show's availability on FITE, is it that far-fetched? Just look at the marketplace and what most people pay for content. IIRC, this thing was $30+ on my cable system, and that's before taxes. I don't know how I'd justify spending PPV money on that Wagner-Demon match and the novelty of Cain in a wrestling ring when you could have scratched both those itches six weeks back at Triplemania. And as good as some of those Impact matches are, both those title bouts have also been done many times lately. 

Of course there are still PPV replays to account for. Maybe they'll get lucky and hit 75.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 2