DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Everyone go watch Dragon Bane vs Fly Warrior from tonight: https://t.co/SwEzbLNC08

It's the semi-main before the Penta main event. The trios match right before it was also very good with Aramis/Eterno killing it as usual. But the singles above is just out of control insanity you won't even believe until you see it. Especially the finish.

Laredo Kid & Hijo Del Vikingo had the Mexico MOTY tonight. My personal MOTY as well. Absolutely fantastic match that people would be raving about if it weren't on an AAA twitch show few outside Mexico actually watch. I'm assuming it will make the rounds in the next couple days. Hopefully AAA capitalizes on it themselves before someone else does.

Saw this Wotan/Fly Star match from March in one of cubsfan's catchup posts and it seems very DVDVR to me: fun, bloody brawl with two guys who don't particularly care about their bodies and sell their dislike of each other and how much pain they're in quite well. Still only in double digit YouTube views, what a shame.

Konnan then confirmed on his podcast that AAA is blocking anyone from working for this fed because they (AAA) won't allow anyone to appear on a competing network

Thanks for the link. Match was awesome, full of some of the craziest and most graceful flying you'll see all year. One spot was too extended for its own good and they could have maybe done less kickouts but it still rocked the house. The announcers were marking out bigtime, too. Weird to see a square ring in AAA, and I wonder who Laredo Kid had to kill to get stars over his heart...

EDIT: That Wotan/Star Fly match was a nice example of the flip side of the lucha coin. It might as well have taken place in Puerto Rico, such was the blood. Very pro-rudo fans and the building was neat with its double-tiered balcony. I'm surprised one of these maniacs didn't do a New Jack dive off one of them.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1