DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

This will probably blow up once the Nacho Libre people get wind of it. The fallout should certainly be interesting with the video out there & the obvious questions that arise from how everything was handled. Really tragic situation all around.

58 minutes ago, Robert said:

This will probably blow up once the Nacho Libre people get wind of it. The fallout should certainly be interesting with the video out there & the obvious questions that arise from how everything was handled. Really tragic situation all around.

What's this in relation to Robert?

Also, RIP / DEP Silver King

1 hour ago, No Point Stance said:

What's this in relation to Robert?

Also, RIP / DEP Silver King

I'm assuming it was because it took so long for the referee and Juvi to realise that something was seriously wrong. Like...over a minute, maybe two.

Edit: probably longer

Edited by Liam

The referee was wrestler Black Terry who was in no shape or form qualified to do anything even if immediate help was required. Plus he comes from the old school mentality where you don't break kayfabe no matter what, even in the case of serious injuries. Even post-match as people are working on Silver King you can see Terry trying to motion that they just roll him out of the ring in order to get him to the back. The actual time between Silver King going down & someone qualified hitting the ring to help was a good 6-7 minutes which seems unacceptable. I was told not only was there no ambulance present, there was also no paramedic on hand remotely prepared to deal with anything serious. The wrestlers were all trying to figure out what to do themselves.

Please don't take this as me throwing Black Terry under the bus. He was there because the organizers of the tour (Santo & Cassandro) brought him along & I'd be stunned if the promoters in London were even aware he was not a qualified referee. That's an issue for someone else to dig into.

He never made it to the hospital, he was pronounced dead inside that very ring. All indications are it was a massive heart attack so had help been right there immediatly it's unlikely anything could have been done but the video is pretty damning to anyone associated with what went down.

It should also be noted this was his second match of the day within a ~5 hour span. May not have had anything to do with the end result but certainly worth noting.

• Sad 5

If he wrestled on the first show, it would have been at least his third. He was part of the battle royal to determine the singles matches in the second half. Not sure if they ran the same gimmick in the first show.

RIP Silver King.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:56 AM, Robert said:

This will probably blow up once the Nacho Libre people get wind of it. 

And it should since they should be lining up in droves to pay mad respect to the man that made Jack Black look like a billion dollars.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:20 PM, odessasteps said:

The idea of a feud between Virus & Metalico is an odd one.

Don't overanalyze random CMLL feuds. Someone wants a favor and/or has the right friend - that's your explanation most of the time. Why is Vangelis programmed with the second/third match guys but randomly finds his way into main events while nobody else from that group does? Because he's a COMPA of the Munoz family. Why did Universo 2000 Jr. get to skip opening matches even though he's clearly not ready for his midcard level? Because he's part of the power family. There's probably a similar explanation to Metalico suddenly getting booked to do stuff. Maybe he took Tirantes' role as backstage official.

Yeah it'll probably be a match loved by some, hated by others. Was certainly nothing like the current Arena Mexico style at all. But surprisingly crowd was super into it - I think because tonight they drew many more hardcore fans rather than the tourists who would have boo'ed the slower paced style with two somewhat bland guys to the average fan. It's a shame Virus only gets 1 singles match per 3.5 years. I thought it was very good and exceeded all expectaions.

True. I was refering to only CMLL. He's had a couple good indy ones (vs Avisman, vs Aramis) recently. The last CMLL one I recall in Arena Mexico was vs Dragon Lee in late 2015 which was excellent.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wow, four years ago. And we complain about WWE having a lineup that they basically sit on. 

It seems like every major CMLL show, you can make an alternate line up using people not booked that could be every bit as good if not better than the real.one. 

Watching the 2003 AAA on Pluto, Pirata Morgan's script SOY CHINGON (I'm Bad-Ass) gear is so fucking great. I want that on a baseball jersey yesterday.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, Robert said:

Yeah it'll probably be a match loved by some, hated by others. Was certainly nothing like the current Arena Mexico style at all. But surprisingly crowd was super into it - I think because tonight they drew many more hardcore fans rather than the tourists who would have boo'ed the slower paced style with two somewhat bland guys to the average fan. It's a shame Virus only gets 1 singles match per 3.5 years. I thought it was very good and exceeded all expectaions.

I know that this is wishful thinking, but surely after that match CMLL could easily have him challenge for one of the lower tier singles titles and sell some tickets.