DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Blue Panther and Mascara 2000 was a pretty amazing Old Man Luchador tag team on the 4/12 show.

Also shoulda known something was up with Police Man getting the 3rd match in Puebla and not the first match, and that thing is: King Jaguar vs Police Man Hair vs Hair next week?

Not sure if Sony has the rights to "Bad Boys", but I'm guessing they played "Bad Boys" too loud during the Police Man intro and got dinged. Some of the shows, the audio over the stream is probably in "let's not get blocked" mode (audio gets way low as people come out, as if it's all ring announcer audio and no soundsystem)

SME does have sort of a record of trying to block videos automatically even when they don't exactly have rights. But I suspect CMLL screwed something up instead. I'd hope for CMLL's sake that the standards for what gets YouTube accounts deleted isn't so strict that actual promotions get whacked in the process.

But CMLL can use this to motivate us to watch their shows live, just in case they play copyrighted music too loudly and get flagged by Sony

Edited by Cobra Commander

CMLL shows only exist live via YouTube because Julio Cesar Rivera wants his voice heard. If he ever fell out of favor or left the company (haha), those streams would be gone in a heartbeat.

Mas Lucha streamed a pretty fun Gen XXI show from Queretaro tonight. The Indystrongtibles & Bandido 3 way were fun watches and if an LA Park/Wagner/Demon Jr. house show match is your thing I heard the main was okay.

Today’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter reveals Sofia Alonso and Cuatrero are a couple. The news is new but the relationship is not; they’ve been together for quite a while. Alonso attended the most recent The Crash show which included Cuatrero, which seemed like a bad move if they wanted to continue to keep the relationship secret. It is not meant to be public knowledge and it is unclear how much of CMLL knew this before now. I assume many did because it had gotten to me, but they didn’t want it out for the obvious drama reasons. The section also mentions Forastero and Ultimo Guerrero’s daughter are together.

Those Reyes kids are smart. 

CMLL tag final & AAA main from last night/very early this morning well worth checking out! Probably neither a workrate masterpiece for the star ratings folks but tons of drama in the former & chaos in the latter. Definitely two matches that should things are still very different in Mexico which is a good thing.

AAA had a 4 way that's also worth checking between Flamita/Vikingo/Golden Magic/Villano III Jr. + CMLL had Valiente vs Hechicero which was as fun as a lightning match gets.

I just went to the Super Domingo de Lucha Libre CMLL show yesterday at Arena Mexico and I had a total blast.  Probably one of the most fun live wrestling shows I've ever been to.  Main Event was Rush and Cavernario and Bestia somebody versus Atlantis (who looked like he was seventy damn years old) and Valiente and Volador Jr. and it was 90% Rush just being a dick and kicking people in the nuts and ripping off Atlantis's mask and it was great. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I just went to the Super Domingo de Lucha Libre CMLL show yesterday at Arena Mexico and I had a total blast.  Probably one of the most fun live wrestling shows I've ever been to.  Main Event was Rush and Cavernario and Bestia somebody versus Atlantis (who looked like he was seventy damn years old) and Valiente and Volador Jr. and it was 90% Rush just being a dick and kicking people in the nuts and ripping off Atlantis's mask and it was great. 

Bestia is Rushs dad. 

AAA needs to keep that English commentary team forever, that was the best one yet and actually getting the names of the guys right and some of the stuff put into context, even if their English wasn't great, it was still better than any English team AAA has put forward to date.

The cmll vs crash match from Friday was pretty entertaining, given I have no real frame of reference for the two invaders and I'm not really a fan of the Chavez brothers. 

Edited by odessasteps

55 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The cmll vs crash match from Friday was pretty entertaining, given I have no real frame of reference for the two invaders and I'm not really a fan of the Chavez brothers

Whats wrong with you?

I don't get to follow as much current Lucha as I like, but was surprised to learn Psicosis is still working after reading the news of him helping to save some other passengers in a real scary car wreck. Can anyone recommend some good, fairly recent Psicosis matches??