DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

CMLL live in an hour on YouTube with possibility a WMOTYC. Yes, I know it's only January 1st but... it's Camorra & Signo involved.

Mas Lucha will likely be streaming the IWRG show around same time which is a show with all cage matches incase you thought reading AJ Styles was about to ask for his WWE release would be the dumbest thing you'd read on these forums today.

Not Mexico related but a great lucha style 4 way Cubsfan uploaded from Sunday in Chicago:

Legit when I was going over my MOTYC list I was blown away that Sam/Casas match was in 2018. Felt like at least 2 years ago. Shouldn't we be more mad at Sam for injuring Casas which began his downward spiral of injuries throughout the year? ?

My top 20 MOTY list & top 20 from Mexico:

• Like 1

The streams do not mirror each other but the same sets of shows seem to be airing on both.

(Is PlutoTV a big thing or a medium thing? I don't think I had heard about it before this and figured it was just some obscure thing when I found it, but then a lot more people seemed to notice it than I expected.)

4 hours ago, thecubsfan said:

(Is PlutoTV a big thing or a medium thing? I don't think I had heard about it before this and figured it was just some obscure thing when I found it, but then a lot more people seemed to notice it than I expected.)

It has between 6 and 10 million active users and is very popular with cord-cutters 

It's really cool

• 3 weeks later...

The main event on this is the non-finish shitshow you'd expect (though pretty fun while it lasts tbh), but the semi is Dragon Lee & Golden Magic vs. Fenix and Flamita and is awesome (don't be fooled by the youtube title this is the whole show).

10 hours ago, maciej said:

The main event on this is the non-finish shitshow you'd expect (though pretty fun while it lasts tbh), but the semi is Dragon Lee & Golden Magic vs. Fenix and Flamita and is awesome (don't be fooled by the youtube title this is the whole show).

The main event may have ended with a non-finish, but it was a goddamn beautiful "pro wrestling bullshit at its best" finish. 

• Like 1

AAA show tonight was the best show I've seen from any promotion this year. 6 for 6 with multiple MOTYCs including shockingly the main event above anything else. The show very much exemplified the reason why AAA has always been my favorite promotion.

• Like 1

Just started watching a bit of AAA recently. 2 shows so far. Had to space the 2/10 show out in halfs because of bussiness. But really fun still! Any recent shows (any lucha company) you guys recommend? 

Dear lord, that Viking vs Jack Evans vs Taurus was legit. It's cool to see Jack Evans again who I haven't really watched since his early ROH run. 

Im diggin the Hamburger guy. 

Dr Wagner Jr has a very deep voice. 

I love how the color commentator says "WOW!" 

Good fun. I'll try to keep up to date with more shows when I see them pop up. 

Shows... not really (until the RIOT show from 2/2 gets uploaded) but in terms of matches CMLL had a fun semi-main this past Friday with Caristico/Mistico/Valiente vs Ultimo Guerrero/Euforia/Gran Guerrero.

Good to see some new eyes on AAA. They've had a good year so far and are running more regularly (back on 3/3 before Rey de Reyes on 3/16). The undercards usually have tremendous talent and when it clicks it's really great stuff.

• Like 1

CMLL back in Televisa starting in a few weeks.

Also, via Cubs,the H2L card so far

CMLL also revealed most of the information about Homenaje a Dos Leyendas. It will take place on March 15th, with the expected La Bestia del Ring & Terrible versus Angel de Oro & Niebla Roja double hair match set up last Friday. CMLL feinted as just doing the Terrible/Niebla Roja match until a post-contract signing match led Bestia and Oro to be added. The losing team will all lose their hair. Terrible/Niebla Roja would be a bit of a toss-up. Angel de Oro & Niebla Roja as a team are heavy favorites over Terrible & La Bestia del Ring.

Three other matches were announced

• Titan, Triton, Esfinge vs Vangellys, Polvora, Hijo de Villano III
  • Caristico, Dragon Lee, Soberano vs Mephisto, Epehsto, Templario
  • Sanson, Cuatrero, Forastero vs Negro Casas, Barbaro Cavernario, Gilbert el Boricua

CMLL said the remaining matches would be announced on Informa tomorrow. I’d expect one more big name match since the Guerreros and Atlantis are noticeably missing. March 15th is the same day as ROH’s PPV in Las Vegas, so Rush will not be part of this show.