DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Might be asking a dirt old question here but what happened to Black Terry Jr? He still recording shows? I noticed his youtube channel went ages ago, along with so much great content, did he set up shop somewhere else? Would be a tragedy if so much great lucha was lost to the annals of time

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:44 PM, Curt McGirt said:

In case you don't wanna watch the match, Solar kicks MiSu right in the balls and his reaction is one of the worst I've seen from a low blow in an MMA ring as he is laying there dry heaving. Wear a cup, kids.

Solar goes Full RUDO with that whole thing, it's actually quite spectular.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw a funny reply on twitter saying they were 'assaulting' civilians when the video makes it clear it's all in good fun & in most cases are asking the people if it's okay first. Trust me - in Mexico if you tried to do this to an unwilling person you would quickly have an incident. But social media folks love their causes so there were some real dumb takes in the replies.

RIOT did their free empty arena 'Covidiotas' show yesterday. Aramis vs Iron Kid & Latigo vs Erik Ortiz are well worth watching but if you just cherry pick one match obviously you gotta go check out the Arez vs Hijo Del Vikingo main event. Just a spectacular MOTYC. I can't see anything in Mexico topping it unless Bandido takes this as a personal insult since this was supposed to be his shining week & drags Volador Jr. kicking and screaming to something wild this coming Friday. I went the full 5 if you are into the stars thing. Vikingo is Vikingo... a special talent... but Arez is just such a complete wrestler who has such underrated ring smarts and a great brain for putting stuff together. His turnaround the last couple years has been incredible and I hope it pays off with an opportunity in a big cmpany in the US some day.

Of course don't forget the show was free because it's a donation supported show. Everyone worked free & will get paid based on the funds raised so if you watch and enjoy - even donating just $1 helps out most guys who have been out of work for a year now -> https://donadora.org/campanas/esto-es-riot

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

CMLL might actually be good tonight? Only 4 matches & in theory Bandido/Volador should be great + the 12 man torneo cibernetico will be at minimum good if they just keep it moving. Women will start it off & have their usual barely passable match. Seems like an easy time for Dalys to take a loss in a meaningless opener on a show few will see. Guerrero vs NGD all depends on if they come to work or are just there to do the usual & set up a bigger match for the upcoming TV that was hinted at on Informa. You can never tell with Ultimo Guerrero & all the NGD. I don't know how 3 guys who haven't even been around 5 years are already at the point in their careers where they think they have nothing to prove but here we are.

Copa Junior to me is a no-brainer. If Felino Jr. is supposed to be someone of note who matters - he has to win. Especially after losing his debut to Mistico fair and square. We'll know exactly where CMLL sees him b/c these matches tend to do eliminations in order of where you are slotted. If he goes out 2nd/3rd like he would as Tiger - you can write him off already as same Tiger but with new name. The winning idea is to have him go to the end on his side vs 4 or 5 others on the other side and he has to run the table like his dad did back in 1997. I'm skeptical anyone from CMLL remembers that match or cares to book something as interesting. The more obvious outcome is of course everyone goes out in order of their slots & it comes down to Angel de Oro vs either Mistico or Caristico so Terrible can run out and cheat to help Oro win as the new Ingobernables get put over (again).

Volador Jr./Bandido should be the best match at Arena Mexico this year if they deliver. The only thing that could hold them back is the sad empty arena environment CMLL has going but if Titan/Soberano Jr. & Volador Jr./Templario could put on MOTYCs - it's hard to see why these two can't. I'm assuming Volador retains since they've pushed it so hard as a dream match with a CMLL guy vs a guy who abandoned CMLL's training system & you know CMLL loves to prove they have the best guys.

Maybe everything will suck but people will still be talking about the show if a post-match promo airs on the big screen from Andrade challenging his former best friend to a match on 4/26 (next iPPV).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Volador/Bandido delivered in spades. Copa Junior went loooooooooooooooooooong and had lots of action so they didn't mail it in at all. Too bad CMLL isn't offering a way to watch the show still... that main event is worth seeing.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

? ? COMUNICADO OFICIAL
El Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre informa que a partir del día de hoy, la alianzaestratégica que sostenía con la empresa estadounidense Ring of Honor desde el año 2016 llega a su final.

El CMLL continúa enfocando sus esfuerzos y recursos con el compromiso de seguir presentando La Mejor Lucha Libre del Mundo y agradece a ROH por este periodo de trabajo en conjunto.

End of CMLL/ROH working relationship. 

Was just coming to post. From cubsfan

The PPV will cost about $20 USD. The lineup, at least as expressed on the video

FW (SAT) 06/19/2021 unknown location, unknown state
1) Brillante Jr. & Futuro vs Barabas & Shoko
2) Rey Horus vs Flamita, vs ?
3) ?, Red Velvet, Tay Conti vs Ayako Hamada, Miranda Alize, Zeuxis
4) 1 vs 234567891011121314151617181920 [Copa Federacion Wrestling]
5) Bandido & Dragón Lee vs Fénix & Pentagón Jr.
6) ?, Andrade, La Bestia Del Ring, Rush vs ???, ????, Matt Taven, PJ Black