DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Nothing spectacular, but he looks somewhat unique in the CMLL environment. Not sure about how strong this push really is, it always can be that they (and probably Sofia in particular) did so much for him only due to this being LGBT show and he'll never get much spotlight again. Basically, I think that we should wait to see how he is booked in next couple of months before saying anything.

Edited by Archibald

Dulce is gonna be a star due to the tie-in but mainly he was hand picked by Ultimo Guerrero. The guys who are hand picked by him always get protected and are not subjected to the tortures of opening matches or getting lost in the shuffle. (Magia Blanca being the exception but he was on his way before he broke his leg)

The entire thing was very WWE-ish in the disingenuous nature of the entire deal right down to the announcers cracking gay jokes & the match built around a man kissing another man is the worst thing that could ever happen to someone. I wasn't offended becuase I'm not an outrage guy but it was funny to process. Really surprised AAA didn't jump on this first since they are the far more progressive company and could have pushed the found was basically an openly gay man in times when that wasn't as accepted.

CMLL is basically the old AAA at this point which is something I honestly never thought I'd see in my lifetime. Fredo Esparza pointed out on twitter if CMLL was like this back when Antonio Pena was around - he would have never left.

• Like 1

Damn, and I was all happy they had an LGBT night. Pretty low of them. 

Then again I didn't have a problem with Dieno using a kiss as his finisher on that ep of The Wrestlers. But it is DDT, and as Dean always says "Japan is a foreign country". 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Question for you guys plugged into the lucha scene: I want to go to the AAA show scheduled for MSG in September but am leery of buying my ticket and the show being cancelled and having to waste my time bringing it back to the box office. What are the odds this show actually happens?

One more odd lucha question: has Que Monito ever appeared on a show in either the US or Canada? Now THAT'S someone from CMLL ROH needs to book. The meet and greet alone would make stupid money.

On 7/10/2019 at 3:01 AM, sabremike said:

One more odd lucha question: has Que Monito ever appeared on a show in either the US or Canada? Now THAT'S someone from CMLL ROH needs to book. The meet and greet alone would make stupid money.

He has not. His son Micro Man has made it to shows in Texas though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Robert said:

He has not. His son Micro Man has made it to shows in Texas though.

Wow I didn't know that. Micro Man is awesome!

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm playing catch up from last night. Why did no one warn me about the underpracticed kung fu Liger dance?

Since you were not answering on chat, I figured you had gone to bed. 

Weird, I did catch up the TDN broadcast of the match and the announcer made explicit mention of the feud and the Aniversario. Confusing sings, but maybe is just due to the usual CMLL hands-off approach

On 7/26/2019 at 1:18 AM, goodhelmet said:

Chris Hero posted this match on his Twitter. So much fun...

This is great. These three are the future along with Aramis. Arez can work US... wish more promotions would get on his train before waiting for PWG to do it for them.

The style of the match reminded me of T2P with the crazy intricate exchanges and wacky 3 way submissions. I like when guys try to differentiate themselves and these guys certainly went for it.

• Like 1

Well I never thought I would hear a Max Scherzer or Joe Ross Washington Nationals reference on a Triplemania show but of course Matt Striker would do it.  

Poor LA Park trying to put on a decent match against that piece of shit Pagano.  But if anyone could do it he would be it

Holy fuck that poor women took a ladder bump and didn't hit ONE INCH of that ladder.  These ladies were killing each other and it seems like the crowd didn't give a fuck

Wait did Cain Velsaquez have a better pro wrestling debut than Ronda Rousey  ?

Edited by hammerva