DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING PODCAST DISCUSSIONS

RIPPA

Listening to WOR and here's how it starts:

Bryan: "Jim Cornette has resigned from NWA Powerrr because of a comment he made during commentary, let's get into it."

Dave: "Yeah, it's bad..."

TWENTY-TWO MINUTES LATER

Dave has finally finished talking himself in circles on the whole ordeal and it could have been something he could have said in 5 minutes.

Oh Dave. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Listening to WOR and here's how it starts:

Bryan: "Jim Cornette has resigned from NWA Powerrr because of a comment he made during commentary, let's get into it."

Dave: "Yeah, it's bad..."

TWENTY-TWO MINUTES LATER

Dave has finally finished talking himself in circles on the whole ordeal and it could have been something he could have said in 5 minutes.

Oh Dave. 

Isn't this every Dave Meltzer rant ever though, he loves his own voice, he also has his own OCD moments where he just gets himself in a rabbit hole and just keeps going.

You got to love Big Dave.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Boydy said:

Isn't this every Dave Meltzer rant ever though, he loves his own voice, he also has his own OCD moments where he just gets himself in a rabbit hole and just keeps going.

You got to love Big Dave.

Oh, for sure, this is just every rant of his ever. At the start I figured that if a roller derby promoter's death would get 20 minutes then this would go for 10 minutes. That this went for 22 minutes means this was as big to Dave as some random roller derby person passing away.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AxB said:

https://www.wetheindependent.com/podcast/episode/48b820f2/17-effy-the-big-gay-podcast

Indie til Infinity with Effy. Lots of stuff about how if you're booked on Evolve but not under evolve or NXT contract, you get paid in the form of a T shirt.

Very fascinated with his take on the seminars on wrestlers on what is considered a useful one and what is a bullshit one in order to get guys booked.   

Effy definitely has no issues telling people what he thinks.

Enzo and Cass on TIJ today. They definitely sound humbled by their experiences, Cass more so, but still sound pretty douchey. The big reveal is that Jericho is the one who got Enzo onto 205Live (thanks?) but they talk a little about the MSG run in and the Survivor Series deal too.

12 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Enzo and Cass on TIJ today. They definitely sound humbled by their experiences, Cass more so, but still sound pretty douchey. The big reveal is that Jericho is the one who got Enzo onto 205Live (thanks?) but they talk a little about the MSG run in and the Survivor Series deal too.

Chris Jericho, king of ad segues, killed me on this one. "Well, Cass, we know you felt like you were on your way out and tying up loose ends before you drank yourself to death. I want to talk about that but before I do, let's talk about how to save you money on Black Friday shopping!" ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A note/reminder for those that are interested

The WWE sanctioned New Day podcast is out starting today.

https://link.chtbl.com/7Fp6uOqk

There is a clip on Youtube so the whole thing might eventually end up on Youtube (though they dont put the full Corey Graves one up there so who the fuck knows)

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

The New Day podcast is infinitely better than Corey Graves' podcast. Maybe it's because Kofi, E, and Xavier are all far more likable than Corey Graves? Nah, that can't be it...

I have it downloaded for the ride home but since I think the world of all three I can see this being a damn good podcast to check out.

The only problem is that they get cut off really, really early. I mean, they're in the middle of telling a story and then they abruptly stop because their producer is telling them they're out of time.

It's a fucking podcast. If they want to go for 3 hours, then let them. Most people are used to podcasts going anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours.

32 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The only problem is that they get cut off really, really early. I mean, they're in the middle of telling a story and then they abruptly stop because their producer is telling them they're out of time.

It's a fucking podcast. If they want to go for 3 hours, then let them. Most people are used to podcasts going anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours.

When Zack and Curt started the figure podcast they were initially angling for a half hour and come next episode that turned into an hour.  Now it's about 2 1/2 hours with the producer drinking beers with them.  So it's possible that New Day's podcast might have similar changes over time.

I'm really looking forward to JR doing a watch-along of the Fingerpoke and Tony the Mankind title win next month. I'm not normally big on the watch-along episodes because I mostly listen to these things at work, but for this I'll make an exception.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ... Listening to the new episode of the New Day's podcast. They're going through the list of names they wanted to give them all. 

NUMBER TWO ON THE LIST WAS... THE TRIBE! HOLY SHIT!

This company is the most cluelessly racist company. Kofi had a good time pointing out how racially insensitive that was.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:48 AM, Craig H said:

Jesus Christ... Listening to the new episode of the New Day's podcast. They're going through the list of names they wanted to give them all. 

NUMBER TWO ON THE LIST WAS... THE TRIBE! HOLY SHIT!

This company is the most cluelessly racist company. Kofi had a good time pointing out how racially insensitive that was.

Big E playing the preacher as these horrible names are brought up is absolutely hilarious  

I really want to know who the moron was that thought A MEN would be a good team name.  That is one of the worst stable names possible and a guarantee that all of them 3 would be released in a couple years.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Has anybody heard Eli Drake's podcast yet? I think it's called The Wrestling Perspective or something like that. He mentioned it on Austin's show

I was going to post the same thing actually.  I'm curious about it enough to at least give it a shot next week.

I do like the New Day podcast.  It's hilarious but am also liking the conversations they have.  This week's discussion about Christmas was interesting though that ASMR bit was something else.  I get the point of ASMR but not sure if that's a rabbit hold I want to go down.  Also for you Seinfeld fans like @Nice Guy Eddie Big E is a fan and since he's not big on Christmas he's going to go full Festivus.