DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING PODCAST DISCUSSIONS

RIPPA

The last Arn podcast was about Flair's return in 98. It was mostly about the feud between Flair and Bischoff and the weeks leading up to the return. It started by Arn telling Conrad that since he was close to Flair and an employee working for Bischoff they kept him out of it. So you can guess how that goes, not a great show to catch.

4 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

The last Arn podcast was about Flair's return in 98. It was mostly about the feud between Flair and Bischoff and the weeks leading up to the return. It started by Arn telling Conrad that since he was close to Flair and an employee working for Bischoff they kept him out of it. So you can guess how that goes, not a great show to catch.

It totally helped me fall asleep on the plane last Friday.

So Trump Jr will be on Jericho's podcast tomorrow. Remember that discussion of it reaching the bottom of the barrel? Yep, this is it. 

EDIT: Jericho said he's non partisan so good for him I guess. Still a shitty guest. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, elizium said:

Unless Donj is super into cryptozoology or some shit, I don't see how it could be a non-partisan interview.

Given his father’s longtime connection with Vince, it would make sense if he grew up a wrestling fan. He probably got to meet Hogan and crew in the 80s. 

who says there can only be one billionaire’s son who was an Observer subscriber? 

15 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So Trump Jr will be on Jericho's podcast tomorrow. Remember that discussion of it reaching the bottom of the barrel? Yep, this is it. 

EDIT: Jericho said he's non partisan so good for him I guess. Still a shitty guest. 

Yeah Joe Rogan says the same thing.  I assume that like Rogan his opinions are based on whether it benefits him and/or who is the last person who is talking to.  I am curious how Tony Khan thinks about it.  If his opinions are guys that high on the roster matters

I assume the Graves is a turd is based on Corey saying that all of the Saudi plane stuff was a nothing burger because Randy Orton said it was fine. 

EDIT:   Okay just heard the previous post and yeah Corey is just confirming what EVERYONE already thought of him and the podcast.  To be honest I can't blame him. After his concussion issue the WWE could have just kicked him to the curb.  Instead it created what we have now with probably a damn good salary.   Yeah I would probably kiss my bosses ass too.   

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

EDIT:   Okay just heard the previous post and yeah Corey is just confirming what EVERYONE already thought of him and the podcast.  To be honest I can't blame him. After his concussion issue the WWE could have just kicked him to the curb.  Instead it created what we have now with probably a damn good salary.   Yeah I would probably kiss my bosses ass too.   

This is all totally understandable. He went from being told he can't be a wrestler anymore to probably having a WWE job for life or as long as he wants it. They have his loyalty forever so the guy is going to kiss a lot of ass and tow the company line.

Even still, he's a turd for talking shit about any of "the boys" for Tweeting. This motherfucker, the same motherfucker who probably 6 months ago said all kinds of wild shit on Twitter to stir up controversy is talking about others doing the same. At least the people on the plane weren't drunk and pouring the emotions out on Twitter or Instagram and were instead posting about how sad they were to miss out on their kids on Halloween.

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Even still, he's a turd for talking shit about any of "the boys" for Tweeting. This motherfucker, the same motherfucker who probably 6 months ago said all kinds of wild shit on Twitter to stir up controversy is talking about others doing the same. At least the people on the plane weren't drunk and pouring the emotions out on Twitter or Instagram and were instead posting about how sad they were to miss out on their kids on Halloween.

I don't think he was complaining about the guys who simply missed their families so much as the guys spreading conspiracy theories and clearly salty they weren't among the 20 people who left to try and make Smackdown.

• Like 1

Going off of that summary if you didn't know the full story it seems like an almost reasonable explanation for everything.  But that last paragraph was really unnecessary and might be one he regrets if/when people confront him about it.

19 hours ago, AxB said:

If Corey Graves thinks he's punk, why was his indie name not "Sterling Joe Strummer"?

I forgot about his indie name.  Holy fuck, between "Tyler Black" and "Sterling James Keenan," there's a strong correlation between "picking your name from an amalgamation of things you like" and "being a douchebag."

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 2