DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING PODCAST DISCUSSIONS

RIPPA

He's not kay fabing like he used to.  It was good.  Some stuff I'd never heard before.  Not really looking forward to hearing him do Blue Chew spots though.  This one was funny cause he did a voice and wasn't really plugging it but it's going to be weird hearing that disingenuous shit coming from him like the other shameless shill hosts.

8 hours ago, BEN! said:

He's not kay fabing like he used to.  It was good.  Some stuff I'd never heard before.  Not really looking forward to hearing him do Blue Chew spots though.  This one was funny cause he did a voice and wasn't really plugging it but it's going to be weird hearing that disingenuous shit coming from him like the other shameless shill hosts.

I liked that Colt was plugging it and the whole time is in disbelief that he's saying the lines they gave him.  I think the only one that's fine is the one from Ryder and Hawkins's pod.  It seems they took a lot of creative freedom and if you get the figure references they're talking about it's slightly amusing.

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

I think Jay is actually more savvy at talking about putting together a match than Edge but Edge is more worldly in just about every other single way.

I love listening to Jay “nitpick” a match. Interestingly enough, he had similar thought about the Lee/Dijak highspots from this week’s NXT to what was discussed here, only rather than hurting later performers, he pointed out having Keith Lee do a moonsault first took away from Dijak doing one later in the same match. 

On September 24, 2019 at 9:30 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm just finishing up the first Arn show. It started out a little rocky, but got really good . 

Arn is my all time favorite wrestler, but even he can't get me to listen to anything involving Conrad Thompson ever again. I just can't do it.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 9:30 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm just finishing up the first Arn show. It started out a little rocky, but got really good . 

They had a lot of audio issues but it was a great episode. Arn is a fantastic story teller and I think this podcast is going to be really good once he gets more comfortable.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:20 PM, BEN! said:

The Horsemen dvd is hilarious as he talks about them kicking Luger out of the group and beating up Dusty in the parking lot like they were actual shoots. "We got tired of Luger's attitude and we kicked him to the curb." What's funny is that, knowing what we know about Luger's personality back then, Arn actually could've been shooting.

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

They had a lot of audio issues but it was a great episode. Arn is a fantastic story teller and I think this podcast is going to be really good once he gets more comfortable.

Yeah you could feel him kind of relax as the show went on. Almost as if he realized "Hey, I broke Kayfabe and it wasn't that bad!"

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

He would be better off having Alvarez on to talk cryptozoology. 

Agreed.  I downloaded it anyway for when I need to clean stuff and have something in the background.  But them talking paranormal stuff would be a better show.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

*checks podcast feed*

I really hope this is rock bottom for Jericho's show. Yikes. 

Rock bottom for the show will always be when they do the WWE PPV previews.  I listened to two of them out of morbid curiosity and that's way too many for me.

On 10/12/2019 at 5:24 AM, Phil4126 said:

I....I would listen to the hell out of this

Same here.  I miss Alvarez's "After Dark" shows from back when they were researched and thought out -- when he started doing them more frequently and they were just listicles of paranormal stuff from each state, they started getting lame.

So sometimes I still put on Sam Roberts' pod because I like to hear the mental gymnastics he's forced to do in order to claim some of the crap WWE pulls is actually good. He used the last ditch spin for Seth/Bray by saying 'at least it got people talking' but on today's episode with interviews from the 2k press conference they aren't even trying. Charlotte, Bobby Lashley, and the OC are pretty clear that their recent booking has been poor and that they're all just trying to make the best of things. Lashley especially comments that he was brought in to fight Brock and is bummed that now he's in a love triangle story. Compared to Adam Cole's portion in which he sounds on top of the world, it's a stark contrast.