DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING PODCAST DISCUSSIONS

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I honestly didn't know Wade has a free podcast

It's LOADED with ads. We joke that Jericho has a lot of ads, but Wade's podcast feels like listening to what it's like to visit pwinsider.

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Wade’s pod is the audio equivalent to ECW Hardcore TV.

I feel like the night Kimona Wannalea danced atop the podcast arena would be less effective at selling things.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I just got sirius\xm in my truck, and found busted open, it's my new favorite thing. I've been late from my lunch break several times now listening to dave and bubba and Mark Henry, and their guests. Chris Jericho last week and The Nature Boy Ric Flair today, I was enthralled, I know it's been on a while but I've just tuned in, I love the high level wrestling business  discussion, like I get here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Among some of the more AEW specific things being posted in that thread, Steve also took a couple minutes to talk about how bad he felt about the Ambrose interview and how much it's bothered him since then and take his share of responsibility for it getting off track. 

In that case then hopefully he's doing what he can to get Jon on there to do it right.

• Like 1

DEAN got a mention in Todd Martin’s book review for Vader’s autobiography. Since Vader wrote the book with the assistance of a ghost writer but it is all written in the one voice from a first person perspective, it can break the spell of authenticity when the wrestler gives an oddly specific reference to an obscure detail that feels shoehorned in to support a claim, opinion etc.

Todd used a reference to Dean Rasmussen, author of DVDVR in the UWFi section of the book as a prime example of this, as he didn’t imagine Vader was an avid consumer of the DVDVRs back in the day. But who’s to say???

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MADCAP said:

Insomnia had me listening to Jericho’s Stomping Grounds preview. 

God, he turned into an insufferable prick...

He needs to stop talking about WWE. Sounds like someone who lost the breakup trying to act like they would not take back their ex in a second if given the chance. 

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I read the preview and it seemed a mess.

DWL

In the preview they say no alcohol was involved.  Even if that's true reading that I feel I may need some just to listen to this.  But fuck it, if there's nothing else to listen to then sure why not.

Now going back to Tony Khan on Austin's podcast his enthusiasm for wrestling is infectious.  I try to not "drink the Kool-Aid" when hearing him and others talk about AEW.  But at some point he'll just go on about something and I can't help but at least take a tiny sip.  I was hoping that they did half AEW talk and the other half was just geeking on old-school wrestling.  But it was still a good listen.  Glad to hear that things are cool with Steve and Moxley and it'll be great when they are able to record.