DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING PODCAST DISCUSSIONS

RIPPA

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
On 4/19/2019 at 7:06 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

@Stefanie the Human has sent me down a Youtube hole. I rarely go in for fast food, but Corny is getting my cravings going.

I'm liable to be super disappointed in about an hour's time. 

I feel like I should apologize for whatever your stomach did to you.

Has anyone been listening to the PWG Journey Through Guerrilla Island podcasts?    They seem to be a PWG version of the Ring of Honor Throh the years show that contains recaps of all the shows (very recommended by the way).  

Edited by hammerva

35 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

For those who might be interested, Tessa is on Jeric pod today.

So far it's a pretty good listen.  Her real voice was not what I was expecting considering how she talks in promos.  But she comes across as a really sweet person who will do whatever it takes to be better.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Has anyone been listening to the PWG Journey Through Guerrilla Island podcasts?    They seem to be a PWG version of the Ring of Honor Throh the years show that contains recaps of all the shows (very recommended by the way).  

That's cool!  Thanks a lot for the recommendation. 

58 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

That's cool!  Thanks a lot for the recommendation. 

Well I definitely recommend the ROH podcast shows.  Takes forever to do one and I figure they will get to the CZW vs ROH feud in about 3 years but very good.    Wonder if the PWG ones have the same standard with different people.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Well I definitely recommend the ROH podcast shows.  Takes forever to do one and I figure they will get to the CZW vs ROH feud in about 3 years but very good.    Wonder if the PWG ones have the same standard with different people.

I wonder how long it will take them to get to the point where I started following PWG (BOLA 2010)

51 minutes ago, Boydy said:

Can someone post links to the PWG and ROH podcasts please if it isn't too much trouble.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Journey+Through+Guerrilla+Islan+d

5 hours ago, Liam said:

https://bookingmemphis.libsyn.com/episode-43-1984-memphis-and-the-changing-wrestling-landscape

Just plugging my first ever podcast appearance. I was on 'Booking Memphis' interviewing Jerry Jarrett about wrestling in 1984. Not promising the world, but I definitely enjoyed myself.

Way to go, man! Bookmarking that to listen at work.

• Like 1

Sounds like JR and Conrad's new podcast is gonna premier this week. But apparenly it won't be like Contad's other shows because this one will have guests. First one is Hangman Page. I think it's gonna be called The Slobberknocker Audio Show or something like that. 

As unlikable as Bischoff & Conrad normally come off together, the Collision in Korea episode is legitimately fascinating. I tend to believe Eric more the further away he is from defending Hogan or any inexplicably shitty decision he made during his tenure, and his recollection of the trip to Pyongyang is fairly riveting stuff...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, just drew said:

As unlikable as Bischoff & Conrad normally come off together, the Collision in Korea episode is legitimately fascinating. I tend to believe Eric more the further away he is from defending Hogan or any inexplicably shitty decision he made during his tenure, and his recollection of the trip to Pyongyang is fairly riveting stuff...

Sports Illustrated did a fantastic feature on that show a few years ago: 

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/04/27/muhammad-ali-ric-flair-oral-history-pro-wrestling-north-korea

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jimmy Jacobs' podcast is pretty great. It just debuted yesterday, but he had a great conversation with Daniel Bryan that's not your standard "wrestling podcast talk" fare. Some really existential stuff, talk about rehab for Jimmy, how Bryan doesn't want his daughter to grow up seeing Brie & himself always on their phones, etc.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2019 at 2:40 PM, Hagan said:

Cornette and Dave had a banger of a show even with the well-trod Montreal talk. Would actually just love them on for three hours talking old shoots. 

I was going to post this. That was a hell of an episode. 

On 5/1/2019 at 9:53 AM, just drew said:

I think that Conrad and Bischoff have gotten better together. I honestly don't find Conrad as annoying as some do now. I think he's gotten a lot better about being needlessly antagonistic for showbiz purposes and is better at "laying out" so to speak in order to let Bruce or Eric talk.

18 hours ago, Casey said:

Jimmy Jacobs' podcast is pretty great. It just debuted yesterday, but he had a great conversation with Daniel Bryan that's not your standard "wrestling podcast talk" fare. Some really existential stuff, talk about rehab for Jimmy, how Bryan doesn't want his daughter to grow up seeing Brie & himself always on their phones, etc.

I'm happy to read that yet still need to find the time to check it out.  I'm hoping Jimmy at some point gets Sami on there.  With how he is that'd make for one helluva existential discussion which I guess I'm into listening to.  Could be also why I like Lillian's Garcia's podcast a lot since that goes into that territory a good bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I think that Conrad and Bischoff have gotten better together. I honestly don't find Conrad as annoying as some do now. I think he's gotten a lot better about being needlessly antagonistic for showbiz purposes and is better at "laying out" so to speak in order to let Bruce or Eric talk.

At the very least, the structure of a Conrad style show is an improvement for JR's pod. 

5 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

That's always been my biggest complaint about Conrad's shows, and admittedly he has gotten better about it (though now and then he still gets "worked up" over stupid shit). The whole screaming thing ("IT WAS FUCKING DAYLIGHT ERIC") is really annoying. 

The screaming thing makes me laugh and it's obviously done in jest because if it were real, Eric would have just quit. It's like Lewis Black yelling at shit. 

I still can't listen to a full episode of 83 Weeks just because I've never heard someone who was as full of shit as Eric. You can also easily tell when he's not bullshitting that much when he doesn't hem or haw with this responses. That North Korea episode in particular felt very factual and it lines up with other stories from people who have visited North Korea.

• Like 1

I think Conrad is legitimately entertaining with Tony and the Prichard show is fun, if an unreliable source of truth. It’s just him and Bischoff that I find unbearable.

• Like 1