DVDVR Message Board

2019 WRESTLING PODCAST DISCUSSIONS

RIPPA

On 4/6/2019 at 4:29 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I know I said it a few months ago, but I think Jericho honestly believes he's the greatest of all time.

It dawned on me a while back that Jericho’s biggest issue in WCW wasn’t with the talent on top holding down younger talent, but more that he felt he should have been the one in that top position.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

It dawned on me a while back that Jericho’s biggest issue in WCW wasn’t with the talent on top holding down younger talent, but more that he felt he should have been the one in that top position.

Honestly, I think this is probably the overarching issue with all of the "the people on top hold the younger talent back". 

Heck, it's even the same with social media- you see a lot of times when a new star gets a big push and so many people are excited for them making it to the top, even if it's not them. That didn't seem to happen in the old era of wrestling in the least.

I can't stand Cornette's podcast. I like Corny and all, but his takes on modern wrestling are garbage. I was listening to his review of WM35 and this was about the umpteenth time he had a problem with the champion not being handsome and dressed in a suit and whatever the fuck.

Like, that shit just doesn't work that well anymore.

Anyway, him talking about buying EIGHT double cheeseburgers from Wendys was something else. The cherry on top was saying you can't go with the triple because when you try to reheat it later the bun falls apart.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm amazed he still goes to Wendy's after the notorious flip-out. That's some addictive behavior right there.

That was at Dairy Queen.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Cornette's podcast is the only wrestling podcast I listen to, solely because of random off-topic tangents about fast food. His eight Wendy's doubles thing wasn't even my favorite of his Wendy's tangents. Oh no, my favorite is this one:

29 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That was at Dairy Queen.

Goddammit. I had an inkling I was wrong.

Still though that's some fucked up shit. Him talking in the screwjob doc about rage-eating or whatever blowing up his weight, jeez. If he's still doing stuff like that, man is asking for a coronary.

18 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I hope so! The eight doubles must've been a past meal.

From that clip, "slicker than cum on a gold tooth" had me rolling ?

If I recall the episode correctly, he bought eight doubles to eat throughout Wrestlemania weekend while he was working for MLW, because apparently he had little faith he would find anything to eat while he was working TV tapings, so he kept them in his hotel room over a couple of days.

So not only was it reheated Wendy's, but it was two or three day old reheated Wendy's.

Jim Cornette is a strange man.

He works for MLW right now. He was on my telly this week. Did he work for a previous incarnation of that company as well?

1 minute ago, AxB said:

He works for MLW right now. He was on my telly this week. Did he work for a previous incarnation of that company as well?

Sorry, that may be bad wording on my part. He did this eight doubles thing a couple of weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Sorry, that may be bad wording on my part. He did this eight doubles thing a couple of weeks ago.

Right. When he got into town (which was way the fuck outside of town) he knew everything would be closed every night when he was done with meet and greets and other stuff so he bought 8 doubles from Wendys to stick in the fridge and eat every night along with buffalo wings and other stuff from the hotel.

But still, it's good he's down in weight.

32 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Right. When he got into town (which was way the fuck outside of town) he knew everything would be closed every night when he was done with meet and greets and other stuff so he bought 8 doubles from Wendys to stick in the fridge and eat every night along with buffalo wings and other stuff from the hotel.

But still, it's good he's down in weight.

I don't know if Corny is aware, but Wendy's serves salads and they keep better in a refrigerator than hamburgers.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, elizium said:

Assuming you get the dressing on the side. 2 day old dressed salad is a bowl of slime.

So many preservatives in fast food burgers, he'd probably be alright if he was still eating them today.

I don't mind salad the next day with the dressing on, but if you get 8 salads, I'd go for the dressing on the side.

While Cornette's dietary choices are insane, speaking as a pest control professional who services a lot of Wendy's? It's the cleanest fast food franchise I've seen. So maybe the crazy isn't just hoarding burgers, he wants them clean.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Craig H said:

I can't stand Cornette's podcast. I like Corny and all, but his takes on modern wrestling are garbage. I was listening to his review of WM35 and this was about the umpteenth time he had a problem with the champion not being handsome and dressed in a suit and whatever the fuck.

The dude is a work.  He knows exactly what his audience wants to hear, and that's commentary of the "old man yells at cloud" variety.  The majority of his listeners believe wrestling hasn't been good since Crockett went out of business, so that's what he caters to.  Like with Prichard, I just can't deal with a podcast where the guy is so obviously lying or working.

11 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

If I recall the episode correctly, he bought eight doubles to eat throughout Wrestlemania weekend while he was working for MLW, because apparently he had little faith he would find anything to eat while he was working TV tapings, so he kept them in his hotel room over a couple of days.

So not only was it reheated Wendy's, but it was two or three day old reheated Wendy's.

Jim Cornette is a strange man.

Jesus Christ that's disgusting.  I wonder if it really was fear of not being able to get good food at certain times of the day or if he's one really picky eaters, like picky to the point of OCD.  I once had  a friend whose palate was so dull and unsophisticated and unadventurous that, on a trip to NEW YORK, he insisted on Olive Garden.   I wonder if Cornette is like that. 

On 4/19/2019 at 8:33 AM, Technico Support said:

I once had  a friend whose palate was so dull and unsophisticated and unadventurous that, on a trip to NEW YORK, he insisted on Olive Garden.   I wonder if Cornette is like that. 

Confession time then: the first night myself and several friends/classmates spent in NYC during a spring term theatre and dance trip, about 8 of us went to... The Applebee's. Our director's then wife was horrified we were in New York eating at Applebee's and Subway and just pizza, but we were college kids and the trip already cost something like 2 grand before food.

Finally she and her husband one afternoon took a group of us out to a very nice restaurant after realizing none of us could afford a damn thing there.

• Haha 1