DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm just going to assume that everyone is staying silent to protect Pharaoh. I know everyone assumes that he's a good boy, but what do we really know about him?

Pharaoh is a prick, definitely not salt of the earth. MJF knows it, but he's just waiting for the right time to expose Pharaoh for the monster he is.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

https://pwinsider.com/article/130247/impact-wrestling-news-and-notes.html?p=1

The updated lineup for Impact Wrestling's Bound for Glory on 10/20 at the Odeum in Villa Park, IL:

*Impact Champion Brian Cage vs. Sami Callihan.

*X-Division Champion Jake Crist vs. Tessa Blanchard vs. Daga vs. two more competitors TBA in a Ladder Match.

*Impact Wrestling Champion Knockouts Champion Taya vs. Tenille Dashwood.

*Impact Wrestling Tag Team Champions The North vs. Rich Swann & Willie Mack vs. Rob Van Dam & Rhino.

*Moose vs. Ken Shamrock.

*Michael Elgin vs. Naomichi Marufuji

*The Rascalz vs. Dr. Wagner Jr. & Aerostar & TBA.

*Call Your Shot Gauntlet Match.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/impact-news-kylie-rae-match-impact-plus-more/

PWInsider reports there will be a big media day on 10/10 in Los Angeles to push Bound for Glory and the move to AXS TV.

The updated lineup for Impact Prelude To Glory 10/18 event features Michael Elgin & The North vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Rhino & Rob Van Dam, OVE vs. Impact Champion Brian Cage & Tessa Blanchard, and a six Knockouts Tag with Jordynne Grace & Tenille Dashwood & Rosemary vs. Kiera Hogan & Madison Rayne & Knockouts Champion Taya. 

4 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Never mind all the Kylie chat, I’m amazed Shotzi isn’t signed up somewhere, she was incredible in her last Impact run and is generally fun to watch any time I see her.

It's now being reported that Shotzi has just signed with WWE today. But agreed, loved her Impact appearance last year and hoped for more.

• Sad 1

I don't think she's great shakes in the ring but I would've loved her to liven up AEW's cesspool of a women's division. Fuck.

edit: She has since shot down those rumours. Come on TK.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/10/the-rock-jungle-cruise-trailer-660631/

In addition to moving to Tuesday nights on AXS later this monthImpact Wrestling will move to Tuesday nights at 8:00 p.m. ET on Fight Network in Canada and on its international feed, including Portugal and Greece, starting on Oct. 22. IMPACT! will also air on GameTV in Canada on Saturdays at 7:00 p.m. ET. The first episode in the new time slot will feature a special entitled THIS IS IMPACT!, which will include non-televised matches from Bound For Glory, plus profiles on Impact Wrestling's biggest stars.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/rd-evans-reportedly-signs-with-impact-wrestling/

During his latest ‘Jimmy Jacobs Doesn’t Know’ podcast Jacobs revealed that RD Evans has signed with Impact Wrestling. Evans had been working for WWE until earlier this year, when he left the company following the Hall of Fame ceremony. The word at the time was that Vince McMahon became furious that Bret Hart used his name during his Hall of Fame induction speech. Evans, who produced the speech, quit the company when it became apparent that he was going to get fired over it.

• Like 3

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/130569/updated-impact-wrestling-bound-for-glory-ppv-lineup.html?p=1

UPDATED IMPACT WRESTLING BOUND FOR GLORY PPV LINEUP

The updated lineup for the 2019 Bound for Glory PPV in Villa Park, IL, features:

*Impact Champion Brian Cage vs. Sami Callihan.

*X-Division Champion Jake Crist vs. Tessa Blanchard vs. Daga vs. Sabu vs. Rohit Raju in a Ladder Match.

*Impact Wrestling Champion Knockouts Champion Taya vs. Tenille Dashwood.

*Impact Wrestling Tag Team Champions The North vs. Rich Swann & Willie Mack vs. Rob Van Dam & Rhino.

*Moose vs. Ken Shamrock.

*Michael Elgin vs. Naomichi Marufuji

*The Rascalz vs. Dr. Wagner Jr. & Aerostar & Taurus.

*Call Your Shot Gauntlet Match.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, Wee Bey said:

Saturdays on the GameTV is not new news. They've been there for quite a while now. Of course nobody ever knows where Impact is airing these days, so I see how it could be confused for news.

A ton of "Impact in 60" features also air in the afternoon pretty much every weekend. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1145571-x-division-title-match-finalized-for-impact-wrestlings-bound-for-glory

On Friday’s episode of IMPACT Wrestling, it was confirmed that X Division Title Ladder Match will now see Sabu and Raju added to the title match. The match will feature Raju, Sabu, Tessa Blanchard, Daga, Ace Austin, and Impact X Division Champion Jake Crist.

So how does a "national" wrestling company run a show on Twitch on the day before their biggest show of the year?   Apparently with some guy holding someone phone's and walking around the building.   And then we found out whose phone it was ?

Apparently they had the equipment to run a show like their usual Impact Plus indie show with a ton of Impact stars but the the connection in the building was so awful that they thought a guy holding an Iphone was a good idea 

And people wonder why I call them TNA sometimes 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

It says $19.99 for me on Fite. But that might be UK price (although why it's in US Dollars if it's a UK price I don't know. Just put £15.39).

On twitter, Ethan Page announced that Impact's Mania weekend show is going to be TNA One Night Only. He wants to win King of the Mountain.

The Bucks responded by tweeting a picture of themselves as Generation Me. So possibly they might be able to get AEW's ex-TNA wrestlers for the show. Now if they could only get Corgan and Vince to lend a few guys too...

3 hours ago, AxB said:

On twitter, Ethan Page announced that Impact's Mania weekend show is going to be TNA One Night Only. He wants to win King of the Mountain.

The Bucks responded by tweeting a picture of themselves as Generation Me. So possibly they might be able to get AEW's ex-TNA wrestlers for the show. Now if they could only get Corgan and Vince to lend a few guys too...

Wouldn't AEW probably have their own show on Mania weekend? Or would they want to distance themselves from that?