DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

Cool, had no idea CWFH aired on TV on a random channel like that so I'll try to check it out. Looks similar to Pursuit, with outdoors type stuff mixed with old 50s/60s shows

Edited by DreamBroken

12 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Cool, had no idea CWFH aired on TV on a random channel like that so I'll try to check it out. Looks similar to Pursuit, with outdoors type stuff mixed with old 50s/60s shows

THere is this weird beer show that usually airs before the Saturday night airing of CWFH. I catch the last few minutes of the beer show most weeks. 

I only learned CWFH aired on there cause another forum has  a thread with every fed that has tv,cable/satellite/streaming,in the US right now. With channels listed and stuff.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 5:14 PM, DreamBroken said:

That same channel airs 4 hours of MST3K on Saturday nights.

• Like 3

Well it does raise quite a few flags.  I mean you went from working on the hot new promotion in the first women's match  to mysteriously not being on any of the other shows to being gone for a while on social media to being back on the indies & IMPACT?     I mean it is clear there are a ton of steps from 2 and 3 that are definitely missing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

It does, possibly flags that AEW doesn't want raised(hence why Tony let her walk so easily)

I'm hoping it's due to it being an easier schedule on a show not many watch.  Would be a way to make yourself visible without the pressure of being the face of a big promotion.  And considering what I think may have happened it might be a good way to ease back into it.  But if it's something else that merits raising red flags then that shouldn't be ignored.  I personally hope the latter scenario isn't the case though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well it does raise quite a few flags.  I mean you went from working on the hot new promotion in the first women's match  to mysteriously not being on any of the other shows to being gone for a while on social media to being back on the indies & IMPACT?     I mean it is clear there are a ton of steps from 2 and 3 that are definitely missing.

There could be a simple and easy explanation to all of this, but I'd be lying if I said something didn't smell right here. There's something very sketchy about all of this.

but if there is a simple and easy explanation, why won't they just come out and say it? 

• Like 3

Just now, TheVileOne said:

There could be a simple and easy explanation to all of this, but I'd be lying if I said something didn't smell right here. There's something very sketchy about all of this.

but if there is a simple and easy explanation, why won't they just come out and say it? 

Considering what it may be they shouldn't be the ones saying anything about it.  It's up to her and if she wants to keep that quiet then so be it.

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Considering what it may be they shouldn't be the ones saying anything about it.  It's up to her and if she wants to keep that quiet then so be it.

I know there have been rumors about it being her having mental health issues or anxiety, but I've seen no evidence of this. It's just pure speculation. It all just seems very weird. It sounds like there's a story here no one wants to get out.

Edited by TheVileOne

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I know there have been rumors about it being her having mental health issues or anxiety, but I've seen no evidence of this. It's just pure speculation. It all just seems very weird. It sounds like there's a story here no one wants to get out.

I understand that.  I think what helped reinforce it for me was after the intergender match she had with her boyfriend she was apparently sobbing and thanking everybody that was there (this according to Meltzer so take that FWIW)  It sure seemed like whatever she was coming back from messed her up pretty good.  I do feel at this point I've speculated too much so I might be best off holding off on bringing this up going forward.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

You lads were so assiduous about talking around the issue and not saying what it actually was, I was starting to speculate that maybe Kylie Rae left AEW because she's a massive racist who doesn't want to work for an Asian-owned business where her two immediate superiors are black women (Awesome Kong being an agent for Women's matches as well as a wrestler you understand).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

You lads were so assiduous about talking around the issue and not saying what it actually was, I was starting to speculate that maybe Kylie Rae left AEW because she's a massive racist who doesn't want to work for an Asian-owned business where her two immediate superiors are black women (Awesome Kong being an agent for Women's matches as well as a wrestler you understand).

That honestly never crossed my mind.  But hey, if there's proof of it then so be it.

16 minutes ago, AxB said:

Yeah, that's probably not it, since she's dated a couple of different Hispanic wrestlers, and debuted for and trained in a black owned promotion with a roster that's probably at least 50% minorities.

31 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That honestly never crossed my mind.  But hey, if there's proof of it then so be it.

Pure speculation. But someone was doing the "I don't want to say it, but if it is what I'm thinking, it's ugly and horrible and I hope it's not that", if you don't speak plainly and say "Someone in AEW's office might be a sexual creep" (or whatever else it is) you're thinking, that invites speculation.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, AxB said:

That makes no sense though. If she was she wouldn’t have signed with the company at all. 

UFC is a Jewish owned company that every Neo Nazi MMA fighter dreams of signing for. Having said that, I wish I hadn't brought it up and we should probably drop it now. Pointless debating an opinion nobody actually held at any time.

Enjoying wrestling in front of 500 people and enjoying wrestling in front of 12000 are two different things, and not everyone who loves the first is cut out for the second. Hopefully everyone is doing well. Impact is still alive in 2019 thread.

• Like 1

If the problem was mental health or anxiety then why the hell people kept it all hush hush?  I understand that maybe you don't want to say it because it is personal information, but by being silent they opened up doors for various crazy rumours that now won't go away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm just going to assume that everyone is staying silent to protect Pharaoh. I know everyone assumes that he's a good boy, but what do we really know about him?

Currently plotting his revenge against all parties involved with dragging him to ringside while they shot off fireworks. The most justified heel turn since Bret Hart told the American fans to stick it. 

• Like 2