DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Elgin on the other hand seems to have a small track record of being gross and abusive between gloating about pissing on a woman against her will and then the other story. He's shown no remorse or apologized all the while he had put airs of good family man prior to that. 

So does MsChif not question him about these things at all?

16 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Elgin on the other hand seems to have a small track record of being gross and abusive between gloating about pissing on a woman against her will and then the other story. He's shown no remorse or apologized all the while he had put airs of good family man prior to that. 

He seems to be unable to stop showing men and women pictures of his dick that he has saved on his phone while he's on wrestling tours, too.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 4:21 PM, Marty Sugar said:

So is wrestling just gonna forget that Elgin is a fucking pig and total sexual predator? I'm not cool with that. 

I sure as shit won't forget though it seems kind of weird feeling like that one guy that refuses to move on.  Elgin being with Impact is one of the reasons why I'm not in a hurry to catch up on the shows.  And Swann may have been forgiven but I'm still pretty apathetic with what he does.  And then there's Sami and Moose though I admittedly like what Moose does (those wacky outfits would give Batista a run for his money)  Moose aside I generally skip past their stuff and feel just fine doing that.

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I sure as shit won't forget though it seems kind of weird feeling like that one guy that refuses to move on.  Elgin being with Impact is one of the reasons why I'm not in a hurry to catch up on the shows.  And Swann may have been forgiven but I'm still pretty apathetic with what he does.  And then there's Sami and Moose though I admittedly like what Moose does (those wacky outfits would give Batista a run for his money)  Moose aside I generally skip past their stuff and feel just fine doing that.

You're not alone, Elgin coming on board was a big factor in me tuning out of Impact most weeks. I still check out the occasional match but between the several shitty dudes, barely mobile ECW guys, my distaste for the guys they like to push (Callis' claim Eddie Edwards is one of the best wrestler in the world is... brave?), and the fact that a segment every week is dedicated to a re-run, it's increasingly become a two hour show I can watch in about 20 minutes. I can't wait for Tessa to be involved with a better angle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/impact-wrestlings-vp-production-leaving-company-293081

IMPACT WRESTLING'S VP OF PRODUCTION LEAVING COMPANY

John Pollock of Post Wrestling reported Monday night that Impact Wrestling VP of production Kevin Sullivan has given his notice and could be working with All Elite Wrestling in the near future.

Sullivan has been with TNA Wrestling/Impact for more than ten years over two stints, including a run from 2005-13 as creative director, executive producer, and VP of production. He has also worked with WWE, Fox Sports, and AEW through his KSTV production company, producing the opens for Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen.

Pollock reported that several others in Sullivan's department also gave notice, but he was not given names. The expectation is the group will be working with AEW, but it's unclear if that would be through Sullivan's production company or directly hired. The report also didn't mention when Sullivan would be officially done with Impact.

I know it's not THAT Kevin Sullivan but I couldn't help but chuckle at the idea of him in his super thick Boston accent running production.  At least if somebody missed a cue it could be due to just not understanding the poor guy.

Beginning in late-October, Impact Wrestling will air Tuesdays at 8 PM Eastern on AXS TV.

Impact will debut in the time slot starting on Tuesday, October 22nd with a preview special with Tuesday, October 29th as their official launch date. The preview special will recap the October 20th Bound For Glory pay-per-view, preview the weekly series, as well as air non-televised matches from BFG.

The show will remain at two hours.

AXS, home to New Japan Pro Wrestling and Women of Wrestling, will run Homecoming (October 1st), Rebellion (October 8th), and Slammiversary (October 15th) in their entirety in the weeks leading up to the preview special.

Since the company's creation in 2002 as NWA-TNA Wrestling as a PPV-only venture, they have aired on Fox Sports Net, Spike TV, Destination America, POP TV, the Pursuit Channel, and Twitch. AXS will be the exclusive United States broadcast arm.

in early-September, Impact parent company Anthem Sports & Entertainment acquired a majority stake in HDNet, the parent company of AXS TV, and announced shortly thereafter that Impact would be moving to AXS.

https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/impact-wrestling-moving-tuesdays-axs-tv-293086

All Elite Wrestling has raided the production team of Impact Wrestling, SEScoops has learned.

Impact has been outsourcing the majority of its production work to Kevin Sullivan’s KevinSully TV, a company based out of Nashville. Over the weekend, KSTV cut a deal with AEW and will be working directly with AEW lead producer Keith Mitchell.

The mass exodus of virtually its entire production division has left Impact scrambling. Impact was blindsided over the weekend when the Sullivan group notified them the working relationship was over effective immediately.

KSTV tried to secure a contract with Anthem, which would have given them a sense of stability. That never came to fruition, which understandably led to some uncertainty and left the door open for AEW to swoop in.

Impact is trying to spin the situation as if AEW only took one person, but that is not the case. Kevin Sullivan TV is composed of editors, graphic artists, sound engineers, video producers, voiceovers studios and more. They assembled all of Impacts weekly programming for domestic and international.

Over the past couple days, Impact hired a local Tennessee producer to handle the work of several people while it regroups from this latest setback.

One source who we spoke with about this story called it a “huge strategic move” by AEW and “crippling” to Impact ahead of their move to AXS TV in late October.

The situation is not without some irony, as it relates to the business practices of Impact and (parent company) Anthem Sports & Entertainment. Following Anthem’s recent purchase of AXS TV, they immediately gutted the production staff of AXS TV’s offices in Dallas and Colorado. Many very talented production people were pushed out of their jobs. Now, Impact finds itself badly in need of very talented production people.

https://www.sescoops.com/aew-raids-impact-wrestling-production-team/

Hey don't worry everyone I am sure that the people doing the Twitch shows will be able to adjust to TV work fine ?

I assume that the people doing the live Impact Plus+ were part of the group that left with Sullivan.  that was generally okay production wise although quite indie looking

Edited by hammerva

You'd assume correct.

The kinda good news for Impact is they have 3 weeks of TV in the can (don't know if it's edited already at all).  The bad news is they have a PPV at the end of those 3 weeks.

the amazing thing is according to Bix if you watch the credits on the TNT special on AEW's last PPV about a month ago it actually mentions some of those Impact employees.   I mean seriously that wasn't the clue that you should sign them up?

AEW might not have a great wrestling career but in terms of destroying other companies through the other companies stupidity they are going to be considered legendary.

Edited by hammerva

I admit to being more of an "AEW fanboy" than I would probably like to be.  But stepping outside of that while Impact and ROH might "deserve" it I worry about what it says about a company acting like they'll play nice but instead do stuff like this.  It appears to set a bad precedent where they'll further hinder companies that aren't anywhere close to being a threat.

Edited by NikoBaltimore