DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

It really is remarkable when you think about it. This company has survived things that would have killed almost every other promotion in history--even WCW couldn't survive losing TV, and it's happened to Impact like three times--and now they're in a position where they're almost unkillable, since Anthem seems to have gone 100% "ride or die" with them.

The press release says "simulcast" on Twitch, which suggests that it's like currently on Pursuit, where they air Friday at 10, but I can't see then being fine going after SDL on a Friday when they can go Prime Time on an off night.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41077042-4

Cain Velasquez's second-ever pro-wrestling match and the entire AAA/Impact Invading NY show will air Friday on AXS TV, sources told ESPN. The card from MSG's Hulu Theatre initially aired live Sunday on Fite TV pay-per-view. Velasquez impressed again in teaming with Brian Cage and Psycho Clown to face Black Taurus, Texano Jr. and Rey Escorpion. Dr. Wagner Jr. vs. Blue Demon Jr. was the main event and the show also included the Lucha Brothers vs. LAX for the AAA tag team titles. The AXS TV broadcast will begin at 8 p.m. ET. Impact's parent company Anthem purchased a majority stake in AXS TV last week and Impact will begin airing on the U.S. channel next month. Velasquez has one more date left on his AAA contract: Oct. 13 in Los Angeles.

Callis and Damore were on TiJ to discuss the AXS deal. Some good information no doubt with a healthy dose of carny spin but as soon as they started rattling off all the wrestlers I don’t enjoy watching as the stars to build around they lost me (Tessa not included of course). Still, it’s wild that there’s so going to be much wrestling on TV.

6 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

So is wrestling just gonna forget that Elgin is a fucking pig and total sexual predator? I'm not cool with that. 

To be fair, no one was going to buy the PPV anyway so it's hard to say if we're collectively canceling him or not.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

So is wrestling just gonna forget that Elgin is a fucking pig and total sexual predator? I'm not cool with that. 

Wrestling forgot Jimmy Snuka is a murderer for decades.

Different situations, but this company was pretty quick to offer Rich Swann a job after he was arrested for being rough with one of their employees. So I wasn't shocked when I heard they were going to roll the dice on Elgin. They don't seem shy about making hires with shitty treatment of women in their recent public history. 

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bix vs Moose was the feud I never knew I needed

If the view-counter over on Deadspin is accurate, more people have read Bix's article on Impact Wrestling than watch Moose wrestle on Impact Wrestling every week, so all other issues with Moose aside, it's still a pretty pathetic fight to pick.

Moose totally comes off as one of those guys who is going to be 50 years old bitching in a shoot interview that the wrestling business fucked him over, still completely oblivious as to why he never made it further in the industry.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Moose totally comes off as one of those guys who is going to be 50 years old bitching in a shoot interview that the wrestling business fucked him over, still completely oblivious as to why he never made it further in the industry.

It is funny that while Moose is calling out Bix for the article about Impact's financial situation, other people are calling him out for apparently telling people on the down low about how difficult it is to get paid at a regular time. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bix vs Moose was the feud I never knew I needed

I kinda want a triple threat with Meltzer's social media.  But I also feel like you need at least one guy to be able to work babyface for that to work.

20 minutes ago, Ace said:

Dude claims to be in the big leagues. He's not even going to be in the top wrestling promotion on the television station he's going to be on.

He's a midcard bum in a promotion that no one watches, and moving to AXS isn't going to change that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Different situations, but this company was pretty quick to offer Rich Swann a job after he was arrested for being rough with one of their employees. So I wasn't shocked when I heard they were going to roll the dice on Elgin. They don't seem shy about making hires with shitty treatment of women in their recent public history. 

Well places like Impact can't really be picky about who they hire. Good, clean wrestlers most likely get better offers from bigger promotions.

Plus, Su Yung forgave him. That doesn't absolve him of doing a shitty thing but she's the one that matters. Elgin on the other hand seems to have a small track record of being gross and abusive between gloating about pissing on a woman against her will and then the other story. He's shown no remorse or apologized all the while he had put airs of good family man prior to that. 

• Like 1