DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

IMPACT has a better women's division than AEW.  

They have the best women's division of any US promotion with tv.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I haven't seen NXT UK since their last network special.   Their division is pretty good?

That's specifically why i said with tv. I haven't seen enough of nxt UK. Too much wrestling, not enough time.

42 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I haven't seen NXT UK since their last network special.   Their division is pretty good?

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's specifically why i said with tv. I haven't seen enough of nxt UK. Too much wrestling, not enough time.

The division is well built, but they are lacking in noteworthy matches. This isn;t from a lack of talent though so much as them not really having been booked for anything special quite yet. That will probably chnage though come takeover next month with KLR/Toni. Saying all of that though you should check out a 6-women tag from the latest episode and Piper/Rhea. Honestly, more should watch NXT UK in general. Last episode also had an awesome match between Walter & Trent Seven.

• Like 3

My new job is even cutting into the G1 Climax. I get home from work and my brain is just fried. Plus, Yankees baseball takes first priority of my viewing habits.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

The division is well built, but they are lacking in noteworthy matches. This isn;t from a lack of talent though so much as them not really having been booked for anything special quite yet. That will probably chnage though come takeover next month with KLR/Toni. Saying all of that though you should check out a 6-women tag from the latest episode and Piper/Rhea. Honestly, more should watch NXT UK in general. Last episode also had an awesome match between Walter & Trent Seven.

I enjoyed the last UK takeover but haven't kept up with it since, seeing that KLR/Toni is happening definitely caught my attention so I'll be sure to catch that show at least.

Remember - Dashwood only return from her latest injury hiatus this past weekend so I wouldn't expect too much from her at the upcoming TV tapings

(Watch she beats the entire division in less than 3 minutes)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Remember - Dashwood only return from her latest injury hiatus this past weekend so I wouldn't expect too much from her at the upcoming TV tapings

(Watch she beats the entire division in less than 3 minutes)

They announced she will debut at the next Mexico City tapings in a couple weeks

On 7/29/2019 at 7:03 PM, BEN! said:

They should just put Impact on YouTube the next day already.  I don't understand why they insist on making it so hard to watch their flagship show.  Friday night at 10 is just a lousy timeslot whether it's on a channel nobody watches or streaming on Twitch.  Nobody would talk about MLW if the only access they had to it was on beIN.

I know at least 30 people that watch MLW each week. I am the only person I know that watches it on beIN Sports. I was surprised when I found out I got beIN Sports on Dish. I do not pay for the sports package. 

On 7/30/2019 at 4:18 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

They really don't. It's free on their site within a week. 

Which they don't tell anyone about.  The only way anyone knows about IMPACT+ is from watching Impact.  And even then they don't tell people about the free tier.  Or anything really, the Flashback segments are completely useless filler that don't even tell the viewer where the clip is from to entice them to subscribe and watch the whole thing if they're interested.

Their YouTube channel has over 2 and a half million subscribers.  IMPACT+, probably like 2 and a half million less.  Probably even less than GWN which they waited way too long to rebrand.  The weekly show is free anyway so put it on the platform with the most available viewers and with the least barrier to entry.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/08/01/impact-wrestlings-talks-with-axs-tv-reportedly-not-dead/

Impact To AXS Negotiations Reportedly Still Ongoing

It had previously been reported that the long-rumoured Impact Wrestling to AXS deal was dead. According to a report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, however, talks may still be ongoing but few details are available. 

“The talks with AXS are not dead regarding television but we don’t know much more as there are NDA’s all over the place regarding the Anthem/AXS talks that started late last year,” wrote Dave Meltzer. 

This is a step up from what had been reported last week regarding the negotiations.

While I like Impact Plus and well given how unpredictable Pursuit is it is kind of needed to watch IMPACT,  is there a streaming service anywhere with a faster fast forward and rewind than Impact Plus for Roku?    Can probably fast forward through a 90 minute show is about 4 seconds.   At least put a 10 second back thing on it

On 7/31/2019 at 2:15 PM, BEN! said:

Which they don't tell anyone about.  The only way anyone knows about IMPACT+ is from watching Impact.  And even then they don't tell people about the free tier.  Or anything really, the Flashback segments are completely useless filler that don't even tell the viewer where the clip is from to entice them to subscribe and watch the whole thing if they're interested.

Their YouTube channel has over 2 and a half million subscribers.  IMPACT+, probably like 2 and a half million less.  Probably even less than GWN which they waited way too long to rebrand.  The weekly show is free anyway so put it on the platform with the most available viewers and with the least barrier to entry.

It baffles me why they just don't switch to Youtube Twitch is good and all but they have no archives of IMPACT! after it airs its either catch it Friday or monday or you're assed out. Just go live (to tape) on Youtube. It's helped MLW with exposure, it'd help Impact with exposure. AXS isn't gonna pan out why are they so obsessed with AXS? Viceland is dabbling with wrestling right now with those doc's I don't get Viceland but shit make a run for getting the show on Viceland it has to be better than Pursuit. Anthemn owns Pursuit and Pursuit still can't air an IMPACT! without fucking it up.

If they get a rights fee then AXS is an upgrade.  Otherwise, it's kind of a lateral move as far as coverage goes cause even though AXS is in like 10-million more homes, nobody watches it.  Really, it's probably just cause AXS has NJPW and some people at IMPACT come off like complete marks for NJPW.

12 minutes ago, BEN! said:

If they get a rights fee then AXS is an upgrade.  Otherwise, it's kind of a lateral move as far as coverage goes cause even though AXS is in like 10-million more homes, nobody watches it.  Really, it's probably just cause AXS has NJPW and some people at IMPACT come off like complete marks for NJPW.

Does callis still work for NJPW or did that presumably stop when Jericho and/or Omega left? 

3 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

How did  Tenille end up so quickly with Impact? Was she not signed at all in ROH? 

She was released a while ago, well over 90 days.

10 minutes ago, Raziel said:

She was released a while ago, well over 90 days.

I am picking nits here but her contract ran out - so it technically could be considered ROH choosing not to re-sign her

I mean she was injured at the time her deal ran out (which was the last day of March)

I do wonder if she is keeping up the hope that the WWE will bring her back

I got TNA on Twitch on in the background and its the episode where Jarrett hit Hogan over the head with his guitar in Japan. 

This leads me to a big question if Hogan wasn't gonna do the job to Jarrett 3 years prior why did Jarrett and Russo think he'd do it then?

They could have gone with so many different routes with Hogan that would have made so much more sense. Kept the belt on AJ and ran AJ vs Hogan, or a little more far fetched but when they ran Dusty vs AJ had Dusty win the title and run a program between Dusty and Hogan as i don't think they ever had a program ever maybe. 

TNA wanted Hogan vs Jarrett for their 3 hour sunday PPV Bound for GLory that was supposed to be in November of 03. Ran Dusty vs Hogan for the NWa title in Tampa at the Bob MArtinez Sports Center which holds 3400 people and try to draw a paying Crowd I understand 2003 Dusty vs Hogan but I mean it would have been a whole hell of alot more interesting than Jarrett vs Hogan.