DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

so, in summary:

Impact: their champion is the scarfer for MLS
WWE: shows up first
NJPW: hosts the greatest event, ever.

love that an article hyping a TNA crossover turns into mentioning WWE but putting over NJPW by the end.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2019 at 9:20 PM, RIPPA said:

Apparently AT&T U-verse is no longer carrying Pursuit

BTW - this is definitely official now as a bunch of places reported it over the last 24 hours

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/06/28/aaa-star-in-high-demand-with-aew-impact-wrestling/

AAA Star In High Demand With AEW & Impact Wrestling

There are plenty of very talented stars all around the world, but only a few of them can actually work in the United States. Since visas are getting harder to come by, that is keeping some talent out of the USA, however, that is about to change for one top AAA star.

AAA is about to run a Madison Square Garden show on September 15th. Provided that they don’t cancel the event due to poor ticket sales, they will be getting visas for all stars who will be appearing on the show.

It was noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that since El Hijo del Vikingo will have a visa that AEW, MLW, and Impact Wrestling have interest in locking him down with dates.

“El Hijo del Vikingo is now in demand from every U.S. promotion it seems, since he’ll have a visa soon enough and Impact, AEW and MLW all want dates with him”

Impact is going to be moving to AXS TV

Apparently this has been one of those "dirty little secrets" in wrestling Twitter and will be officially announced this week

They finally went on a channel that I can't get.  Which is really saying something when you go such small timers like Destination America to POP to Pursuit

Guess I better keep that Impact Plus membership

Edited by hammerva

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently this has been one of those "dirty little secrets" in wrestling Twitter and will be officially announced this week

Oh good.  I can watch Impact again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So AXS now has NJPW, Women of Wrestling and Impact?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So they go from one channel I can't get to another channel I can't get.  Fan-freaking-tastic.  At least there's Impact Plus.  I at least hope that the Plus numbers are good though I'd be curious about how much of the viewing audience tuned out after the channel change.

55 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

What is this, their fifth network now? Sixth?

Will be their sixth. They've also been on every day of the week at some point but Sunday.

Fox Sports Net ~> Spike TV ~> Destination America ~> POP TV ~> Pursuit ~> AXS

Now all this being said - from the WON update last night

Regarding the Impact to AXS story that Voices of Wrestling broke, neither side has commented on it.  What we do know is that these talks have been going on for months and we don't know exactly where they stand past it doesn't appear a deal is final at this point.  Those at Impact have talked about upgrading their television situation, which they have to do, at some point this year, but nothing was said past that.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-impact-wrestling-news-a-new-producer-coming-high-praise-for-bhupinder-singh

High Praise for Bhupinder Singh

Mahabali Shera is expected to return to Impact Wrestling this summer.

There is a lot of buzz in Impact Wrestling surrounding Bhupinder Singh. As of now, he is currently under a developmental contract and has been training in Windsor, Ontario.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1109697-dlo-brown-signs-multi-year-deal-with-impact-wrestling-as-a-producer

D’Lo Brown Signs Multi-Year Deal With IMPACT Wrestling As A Producer

Veteran wrestler D’Lo Brown has worked with IMPACT Wrestling as of late and now he won’t be going anywhere. As reported by PWInsider, Brown has signed a multi-year deal to continue being a producer for the company.

His recent work for the company has received rave reviews from the wrestlers he’s worked with and talent pushed for him to become a full-time hire. This is great news for IMPACT, as they continue to improve their in-ring product and potentially get ready for a move to AXS.

He won’t be the only new signing as the company is also in the process of locking down another producer.

At Impact's Bash at the Brewery event tonight on Impact+

The North just defeated LAX to win the tag team championships. Weird switch 2 nights before Slammiversary but that'll now be a 3 way tag.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1