DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

Apparently the deal was that Grace never signed her last contract so she technically was a free agent

PWInsider reported on Saturday that Impact had provided Grace with a contract last year, but it was never signed, returned, or executed. Their report noted that Grace would technically be able to receive offers from other promotions and that Impact had been communicating with Grace and "scrambling" to get her to sign with them.

More quotes from Grace herself but the basic gist is she is locked in to Impact for the same length of time everyone originally assumed (May 2021) it is just official now (for more money)

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:33 AM, RIPPA said:

More quotes from Grace herself but the basic gist is she is locked in to Impact for the same length of time everyone originally assumed (May 2021) it is just official now (for more money)

She still has a day job so she wanted more loot and a more flexible schedule so that she could keep doing Impact tapings without getting shitcanned.

She's engaged to Jonathan Gresham, so she also has a wedding to plan and that dress won't buy itself.  Yeah, The Octopus is only ten pounds heavier than she is and maybe five inches taller if Jordynne isn't wearing the cute shoes with the heels.

He likes big butts.  He cannot lie.

Edited by J.T.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently on his podcast - Konnan claimed Impact would be moved to a "better" TV station soon

That's great news because Pursuit is a horrible option and it's sad they've been on it for this long.  Hopefully when it's back on my TV I'll be fully caught up.  But I'm 10 episodes behind and at this point skimming through so I can catch up on stories with the occasional match worth seeing.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I like that you are putting your faith in Konnan's word

It's Friday and I'm feeling generous so fuck it I'll go with it for now.  But whether it's his word or not it's not like it's news that they're looking to off of Pursuit.  Hopefully this does happen soon.

Yeah, I join you in hoping that Konnan isn't full of shit.  I miss Impact and can't watch anything in real time anymore.  I tried two weeks of watching it on Twitch and we aren't going that route again.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Yeah, I join you in hoping that Konnan isn't full of shit.  I miss Impact and can't watch anything in real time anymore.  I tried two weeks of watching it on Twitch and we aren't going that route again.

I was using the GWN at the time for free which was fine but just couldn't get around to watching it.  Now they have Impact Plus and the only way to see them is to subscribe which is pretty annoying.  But at least I can see their entire catalog and holy crapola AJ Styles looked so horribly indyriffic that I almost forgot how Indyriffic he looked.  Plus I figured at this point they need whatever support they can get.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was using the GWN at the time for free which was fine but just couldn't get around to watching it. Now they have Impact Plus and the only way to see them is to subscribe which is pretty annoying.

You don't need to subscribe/pay to be able to watch the weekly shows on the app. You just need to have an account, which is free to set up and you don't even get asked for any card details.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 2:18 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I was using the GWN at the time for free which was fine but just couldn't get around to watching it.  Now they have Impact Plus and the only way to see them is to subscribe which is pretty annoying.  But at least I can see their entire catalog and holy crapola AJ Styles looked so horribly indyriffic that I almost forgot how Indyriffic he looked.  Plus I figured at this point they need whatever support they can get.

I didn't subscribe to Impact Plus and I'm still able to watch the newest Impact's a few days later.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

28 minutes ago, pgi86 said:

You don't need to subscribe/pay to be able to watch the weekly shows on the app. You just need to have an account, which is free to set up and you don't even get asked for any card details.

For some odd reason it was locked behind a paywall on mobile when trying it.  I was debating on trying it again for free but said "Fuck it" and subscribed anyway.  It's supposedly for the 30 day trial so when it runs out I may or may not cancel and see how that goes.  Either way for $8/month I'm good.

• Like 2

I get Pursuit,only knew this cause Traditional Championship Wrestling aired on it a few years ago,but am rarely able to watch Impact on there. Been halfway keeping up by catching episodes of Impact on PlutoTV. And the episodes seem to air around 2pm Central on Tuesdays.

Brian Cage vs. Michael Elgin has been made official for Slammiversary

Of course - all of this is contingent on Cage being healthy

Also - Johnny Mondo vs. Rich Swann for the X-Division title looks to be a done deal

• Like 1

On this week's Impact, Cage said that he'll be at Slammiversary to fight Elgin whether he's medically cleared or not. So presumably the medical prognosis is that he'll be ready.

• Like 1

Hopefully Johnny Mondo new character is that he falls from 25 feet onto a light tube filled table and comes out to Papa Roach.  or whatever the 2019 version of that song is now

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 1

By Mike Johnson on 2019-06-03 13:02:00
Impact Champion Brian Cage was almost a surprise at the All Elite Wrestling Double or Nothing PPV last week, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Cage was backstage at the PPV and prepared to compete in the match but when Impact Wrestling officials learned he was there, they contacted Cage and informed him he could not appear due to his Impact deal.  

Tommy Dreamer, who is on the Impact creative team, did appear, but is not under contract to any promotion, did appear in the Battle Royal.

I have to assume by "the match" they mean the Battle Royal

How was he not a free agent before? They fired him, didn't they? Don't see how he could have had a non-compete when it was his employer who terminated the deal.

Unless "I'm a free agent" is code for "Why isn't anyone booking me?", in which case, someone should probably book him. In an intergender match, to see if he was just trying to get out of his deal with the whole 'refusing to wrestle a woman' deal.

• Like 1