DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

Or not seeing eye to eye with new regime. I don't follow Impact any longer, but once he lost the belt and was out of title picture he started having weird feuds that I thought were, at best, irrelevant and from spoilers that I have read it looked like each new program was worse than earlier.

• Like 1

I think since he took his time after resigning the last time they didn't have anything for him so he did random stuff here and there just to keep him on TV so I would take that as a sign that they liked him and I thought he did well with the segments. Besides that, He clearly isn't getting back into the title picture anytime soon so the tag team with Edwards made sense but oh well.

He would get lost in the shuffle in WWE and ROH would have no clue what to do with him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If I were Eli, I'd take a look at EC3 and stay the fuck away from WWE.

EC3 is being paid to barely work. I'd love a job like that. 

• Like 2

It is still so weird that apparently all the intergender stuff was a shoot

Like Jordynne Grace responded to one of the stories about getting fired with 

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

EC3 is being paid to barely work. I'd love a job like that. 

I'm sure he thinks that when he sees the bonuses he's not getting.

• Like 4

Tessa Blanchard vs. Eli Drake never made any sense.  They're both heels and I can't recall them ever even having interacted with each other.  The drama could've been easily avoided if IMPACT had just asked him if he wanted to do the match before publicly announcing it though.  I mean he could've also conveyed his displeasure to the office privately instead of publicly.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, BEN! said:

Tessa Blanchard vs. Eli Drake never made any sense.  They're both heels and I can't recall them ever even having interacted with each other.  The drama could've been easily avoided if IMPACT had just asked him if he wanted to do the match before publicly announcing it though.  I mean he could've also conveyed his displeasure to the office privately instead of publicly.

He also could have just done what his employer told him to do.

Tessa's match vs. Joey Ryan ended up being better than her vs. Eli probably would have been. Aside from Joey's gimmick, which doesn't bother me like it does some, it was a really solid wrestling match. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like this is gonna lead to the WWE not letting their folks make appearances for Booker anymore

Outside of Ohno on Saturday, and Brennan Williams last year, they really don't let them do it anyways. I'd sacrifice that if it meant getting LAX or the Lucha Bros in Texas City on the regular.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was more looking at it as Ohno being there was a sign of more things to come - that appears to be a bad read on my part

I think Booker just likes bringing in the NXT guys for his version of the Royal Rumble, so it feels like an important match.