DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

As noted in the Indie thread - Allie's contract has run out and Impact decided to not renew it

The tapings this weekend will be her last dates with the company

AEW announced that Allie's already signed. If Rosemary goes with, I have no reason to pay attention to Impact, as that was the last program I cared about. That being said, Impact said Rosemary re-signed in February.

Edited by Ace

She reupped in Feburary, no specifics but it said "Be around for a while".  Considering how much extra money she makes with Allie on the Multi-verse stuff, continuing to do that would be the factor on if she sticks it out or starts looking for the eject button.

Well according to the WON update last night - Allie is already done as her work at the last tapings was it

So it certainly sounds like she won't be at this weekend's tapings

This is for the United We Stand show so I could put it in the Mania thread but it makes more sense here.

To go along with the angle they are doing - Johnny Impact is "refusing" to team with Brian Cage on Team Impact (in the 8 man against Team Lucha Underground (Hahahaha))

So Impact will now be in the Ultimate X match (With the idea that Impact is now trying to become double champion and wants the #1 contender spot for the X-Division Title)

No replacement has been named for Team Impact

• Like 1

I'm bummed about the potential loss of Demon Bunny, but I'm happy with the upper mid-card angles so I'm good for now.

I fucking hate the main even shit, though.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:16 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At least we'll still have Demon Bunny on other indies, unless Allie is going to the 'E.

If they want to control the fate of their shill and make a fortune from licensing their swag to Hot Topic, they will avoid the 'E like the plague.

The first thing the 'E will come for if they sign them is the IP rights.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I hated the Johnny Impact swerve and that fucking promo. I think he's a natural face anyway.

I honestly don't see Demon Bunny ever going to the 'E. More and more, I think it's great that independent wrestlers can control their fate and don't have to go to WWE to succeed.

• Like 1

The Bunny is All Elite now. The Demon remains in Impact for however long her contract is. But I don't see Rosemary heading to the E. She's the wrong era of TNA for them to be interested, and there's the whole thing with Crazzy Steve leaving to go to the E and then not getting signed... most likely she goes AEW if they want her, or stays in Impact if they don't. But she's probably worth more in AEW than she would be in Impact or Vinnieland.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AxB said:

The Bunny is All Elite now. The Demon remains in Impact for however long her contract is. But I don't see Rosemary heading to the E. She's the wrong era of TNA for them to be interested, and there's the whole thing with Crazzy Steve leaving to go to the E and then not getting signed... most likely she goes AEW if they want her, or stays in Impact if they don't. But she's probably worth more in AEW than she would be in Impact or Vinnieland.

She should pursue the Kenny Omega business model.  Between the North American Indies and the occasional tour to Japan, she will be able to earn a perfectly fine living without killing herself working an "E schedule.

She'll probably stay away from working Mexican dates because of that bullshit at Triplemania with Sexy Star.

Speaking of Triplemania, I'm not sure how much time she's got left anyway.  Once an injury, always an injury so it's only a matter of time before her bad shoulder forces her to hang it up for good.  A healed dislocation is just arthritis waiting to happen.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

So using deductive reasoning - it seems like that they are setting up Eli Drake's departure from the company by having him lose to one of the women on the roster

1) Drake's contract is up soon (I wanna say end of May)

2) Based on the new thing of him feuding pretty much with the entire Impact roster on Twitter over it right now

2a) That ties into him refusing to do the Mania match this week against Tessa Blanchard

I could see Impact brining Michael Elgin since he wasn't re-signed by New Japan. He would fit in the Brian Cage/Johnny Impact angle, as he and Cage have a history as the Unbreakable F'N Machines. Maybe Cage brings him in to counter Killer Kross.

4 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

RVD needs to debut in one of those Rascalz skits

I'd be all for RVD and the Rascalz vs. oVe. I love the addition of Madman Fulton to oVe, BTW.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It was mentioned in passing in the WON but apparently Alicia Atout is no longer working for the company

She now works for AEW. She was announced along with Alex Marvez, Excalibur, Jim Ross, and Justin Roberts.