DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

On 2/15/2019 at 4:34 PM, RIPPA said:

Joe Hendry announced that he has left IMPACT

Also supposedly Caleb Konley and Kevin Matthews' contracts are up shortly and will not be renewed

I hope KM stays, he's always been entertaining throughout his run here. Joe Hendry was short-lived but great while he lasted.

Quick question about the GWN free tier: The registration page says $7.99. They don't collect credit card information right away and signing up gets you right to the free tier, correct? It's been a while since I registered and I'm trying to remember.

Unless I'm the only person here using GWN. That wouldn't surprise me either...

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

Talk about low overhead.  These Canadian misers are pinching every penny, aren't they?

I suppose it is a fairly smart move since a lot of the target demographic doesn't watch television in a traditional manner anymore..

They tend not to watch on an episodic basis either, so they may want to rethink not archiving the shows.

Don't think Xplosion is worth the effort it would take to archive

14 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Quick question about the GWN free tier: The registration page says $7.99. They don't collect credit card information right away and signing up gets you right to the free tier, correct? It's been a while since I registered and I'm trying to remember.

Unless I'm the only person here using GWN. That wouldn't surprise me either...

I had no issues with the free tier.  It asked me to register and said nothing about a 30 day trial.  Once it registered I was able to jump right into the Impact shows.  Not sure if you used it on PC or mobile but I did it all on my phone.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I had no issues with the free tier.  It asked me to register and said nothing about a 30 day trial.  Once it registered I was able to jump right into the Impact shows.  Not sure if you used it on PC or mobile but I did it all on my phone.

I was using my Amazon Fire tablet.

By Mike Johnson on 2019-02-22 18:21:00
After last month's Homecoming PPV in Nashville Impact Wrestling will hold three additional PPVs in 2019, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

After the 4/28 Rebellion PPV in Toronto, the current plan is for the company to hold Slammiversary 2019 on Sunday 7/7.

Bound for Glory will take place on Sunday 10/13.

To be clear, before this signing, Josh was in exactly the same situation as most other Canadian wrestlers with respect to working in the US.  He can work in the US, provided he doesn't get caught at the border - same as PCO, Kobe Durst, etc.  He just didn't want to risk being banned from the country.  He tried to do it legally by getting AAW to sponsor him for a work visa, and the visa application was rejected (for no real reason).

$5 million for that footage?  I guess because it has all those current WWE guys in it so they can pretend another invasion occurs like they did for Bobby Roode

Somewhere Ole hears about this and wonders why the fuck didn't they just put in the dumpster like he did.   

• Haha 2

See, I *could* buy the "we needed to free up space" if they're holding all their video masters on servers in a data center and they were at capacity for HDD's in what they had and deleting stuff that'll never see the light of day was better than buying another appliance and required HDD's...

But we're only talking about 16 hours of Video, so if they were running out of space, clearing out 16 hours was only a bandaid on an severed artery and they should've been buying the appliance WAY before they hit capacity.  So yeah.

I signed up for a trial of GWN and, in true Impact fashion, doing so on the Xbox doesn't require one to put their credit card info in, just an email address. Seemingly nothing is stopping someone from unlimited free trials.

Anyway, my trial month is almost up and I'm planning to roll over and pay for their premium access. Impact being Impact, what happens? The app suddenly starts acting up and I can't load up the episode of Impact that I'm currently on. I restarted the app and got a message that the video format I'm attempting to watch isn't supported by the app. Restart the app again and the entire app won't load. Frustrating because I'm still 6 months behind and have been enjoying the show a lot. I also recently decided to watch TNA/Impact from the very first weekly PPV. 

Has anyone else had this problem on the Xbox? I sent their customer support a message but I'm not expecting much. 

It's worse. Anthem is claiming in their response they deleted said footage before Jarrett/GFE sued them, but at the time the lawsuit was announced, I'm fairly certain Amped was still up in the One Night Only section of the Global Wrestling Network.

As in, they deleted this footage as a direct response to being sued. It's the only thing that has come off GWN since it launched in late '17, making the space argument pretty much DOA.

• Like 1