DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

What does it say about Impact, that word comes out that Fenix might be injured, and everyone worries if he'll be healed up in time for AEW in April? Isn't he supposed to be at the Impact tapings weekend after next?

Also, loving that now Pursuit has moved Impact to Friday nights, through the miracle of time zones we UK showing is actually before the USA one. 

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I tried watching a live stream of Impact, but I just couldn't do it. I want to be able to pause the show if I have to take a piss or whatnot. 

Agreed.  I watched last weeks show on the GWN app and I had to turn it off and do other stuff for awhile.  Fucking Rascalz.  Hope someone does a shoot finger breaking spot on them before they do that stupid fingers wag under the chin deal 50 times per match

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did any of the Rascalz wrestle in Mexico before the Impact tapings? Because if not, they've probably done the best job of getting themselves over down there (not counting anyone who had worked Mexico before, I mean). Usually Fallah Bahh is the guy who gets himself over everywhere, but the Mexicrowds have been louder for the Rascalz.

I like them, anyway. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but giggly stoner gimmicks tend to be popular amongst giggly stoners at least. Except Kronik, who didn't commit to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Joe Hendry announced that he has left IMPACT

Also supposedly Caleb Konley and Kevin Matthews' contracts are up shortly and will not be renewed

That's a shame. I liked the KM/Fallah team. Hendry and Konley I can do without

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

I feel like you're just making up names now.

Kevin Matthews is KM. They couldn't call him Matthews because Josh was there already. Caleb Konley was Trevor Lee's partner (the one who wasn't Andrew Everett).

Joe Hendry was really good in Impact angles, with his music videos and that. He didn't really make a mark in-ring, but he was never really featured there. But they just stopped using him.

Is Grado a free agent now as well?

I'm guessing OVE and LAX are Impact guys as well. Most of the Knockouts except Taya (so Allie, Su Yung, Rosemary, Katarina, Keira Hogan and Jordynne Grace; That's the whole division).

Hendry would be a great pickup for any of the other #2 feds or NJPW, though isn't he trying to become an amateur wrestler again for the Commonwealth games?  He might want to stay in the UK.

Not sure if Grado would be good for anyone despite liking him myself- a lot of fans in the US just don't.

The Commonwealth games are every four years. Next ones are in 2022. I mean, he could try and qualify for the World's or Olympics, but there's the handicap there... one UK representative per weight class, rather than one each from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

4 hours ago, alstein said:

Not sure if Grado would be good for anyone despite liking him myself- a lot of fans in the US just don't.

The Grado/Joseph Parks stuff was a lot of fun in 2017, but I'm not really dying to see him return.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:09 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The finger wag is called the hi sign. It's from The Little Rascals. I grew up on Little Rascals re-runs, so I have a soft spot for the Rascalz.

Sure when they behave they're "Our Gang", but when they're bad they're "The Little Rascals".

Impact is a zombie promotion now. There is nothing left of the original company and they barely run shows. I follow the youtube channel for old matches. They are having to piggyback on bad drawing indies to do TV.

• Like 3

Per PWI

Impact Wrestling Xplosion will be airing on Twitch every Wednesday at 7 PM ET.  The first episode aired yesterday with very little advance warning.  It was not archived, so it's just going to be on the live stream.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:55 AM, Victator said:

They are having to piggyback on bad drawing indies to do TV.

To follow up on this - the two announcements on their Twitter the last couple of days

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Impact Wrestling Xplosion will be airing on Twitch every Wednesday at 7 PM ET.  The first episode aired yesterday with very little advance warning.  It was not archived, so it's just going to be on the live stream. 

Talk about low overhead.  These Canadian misers are pinching every penny, aren't they?

I suppose it is a fairly smart move since a lot of the target demographic doesn't watch television in a traditional manner anymore..

They tend not to watch on an episodic basis either, so they may want to rethink not archiving the shows.

• Like 1